All the Study Groups

Hey folks, there are a lot of people interested in forming study groups from all over the world. Here are links to the individual Group study forums, for folks who are looking to sync up based on location, common topics, online meetings etc.

Update from Jeremy: Perhaps the best way to find or create a study group is to is to use this fastai study groups spreadsheet. You can contact the other members using the forum private messaging, and the group can create a permanent forum group chat for all members (or whatever medium they prefer). If you have a study group, please update the spreadsheet with your group’s details.

By Location, in no particular order

San Francisco
Berkeley/Oakland
New York
South Bay
Seattle
Columbus Ohio
Dallas
Portland Oregon
Washington DC
Omaha
Dhaka
Nigeria
New Delhi
Mumbai
Pune
Hyderabad
Bangalore
Dublin
Barcelona
Krakow Poland
Moscow
Minsk
Taipei
Shanghai
Brasilia
Paris

By Language
Deep Learning - En Español

By topic/miscellaneous (placeholder for people interested in a particular topic to form a group)
Remote NLP

13 Likes

Guess it would be good to use this fastai study group for individual meeting arrangements.

2 Likes

@sjcho looks like we were thinking on similar lines! Sure, whatever works :slight_smile: If this page indeed becomes a wiki we can add in your doc link.

BTW, somebody else made the spreadsheet… Couldn’t find the original poster

What about
Deep Learning español
Can you add that one too?

1 Like

Great idea. I’ve made this a wiki now.

Maybe pin this too?

Hmm, I don’t see a link. By the way this is a wiki post now, so you should be able to edit the post too…

I don’t see a pin option

Ah I get what you meant.

Imho, for now, a spreadsheet + this general thread is more than enough to kickstart all various study groups. With all the thread, this Part2 category seems a bit too cluttered.

I figure we could use a discord server (like slack but for audio) so people can easily do virtual study sessions and have a central place for voice conversations without needing to trade skype details / etc.

You can join here!

3 Likes

Hi @beecoder and @jeremy,

there was no information column in the Fastai study groups spreadsheet if the study group was about part 1 or 2.

I added these 2 columns “Fastai part 1” and “Fastai part 2”. Hope I did well ?

1 Like