Paperspace setup help

Hi @dkobran! Could you enable an instance for me for this course? My email is mikhalitch at gmail.

It got fixed by itself after few hours. I guess it was a temporary service issue. Cheers!

Hi, FASTAI15 doesn’t work anymore. Does anyone know coupon code?

You could use my referral code and get $10. My referral code is: 9JITUD4

1 Like

Use these 2 promo codes to get a total of 25$ in credits.

1. FASTAI6GKZ
  2. A6FRIKW

Hi forum, paperspace has worked well so far but I’ve run out of room to download kaggle datasets- the planet dataset contains a 12gb file, and I did ‘df -h’ to see that my paperspace machine seems to sit with around 35gb used, even after I remove all other datasets.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to ‘clean out’ my virtual machine or fast.ai files to free up space?

Thanks in advance!
Britton

I had also problems with downloading datasets to paperspace. I have used up approx 6/50 GB according to the machine info page but the downloading python script stopped several times with a „no space“ error while still showing 6/50 GB.
I contacted the paperspace support and now I’m waiting for their reply.

1 Like

@dkobran @dillon can you approve my request for an East Coast P5000 fast.ai machine? My emails starts with wuchen. Thanks!

Ok, my machine was full and I now upgraded it.
It seems that the system is not incorporated into the shown used space.

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of configuring my Ubuntu machine from Paperspace for the Fast.ai course and I followed the directions and entered the courses URL after entering my password. I waited for about an hour for it to download and then when I tried to follow the next steps to access the Jupyter notebooks for the course I was unable to click into the terminal. Has anyone experienced a similar problem before? Also, whenever I open paperspace it is pretty slow. Would some sort of update to my machine help with this? Thank you guys for your help!

Thanks for your code, I’ve used it:grin:

Hi, @dkobran @dillon could you approve my request too? andresvegas (at gmail)

Regards.

@Murren @andresvegas @Mirarh We are a bit backed up on VM approvals right now but you can get started with Gradient Notebooks right away. Gradient is a new service we offer that includes a one-click hosted Jupyter Notebook (no VM setup required): https://paperspace.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000963753-Notebooks

There’s a Fast.ai template available for Notebooks:

Thanks a lot @dkobran for your quick answer and your suggestion. It will do the work for the moment!

Hello,

I opened a Paperspace account to start the course and ended up going with Gradient while waiting for my account to be reviewed.

I could use some help as the fastai template on Gradient is not quite up to date.

I managed to update the fastai files using “git pull”.

However, running “conda env update” has been difficult.

1. The conda command was not found. So added /opt/conda/bin to the $PATH variable. Is that the right thig to do?

2. I then ran conda env update; and,while that worked, it broke access to jupyter notebooks (error 500)

Note: I accessed the terminal through Jupyter

I am now working through lesson 1 with the default conda environment. Wondering if that will be sufficient, what others have done, and what I should do.

Thanks

Hello. I created a new topic without realizing that there was a Paperspace meta thread. The topic can be found here: Bus error attempting to import fastai.transforms in lesson 1

Any help (including best way to completely start fresh without starting a new machine) would be appreciated, thanks.

I would delete the topic and repost it here, but apparently I do not have a sufficient level of activity to do so. If someone who has the power to do such things would like to delete the redundant topic and edit my post to include it (abridged is fine) here, I’d appreciate it. Apologies for the semi-duplicate topic.

@dkobran @dillon

Hi,
I’ve requested for a VM quite a few days ago but still haven’t received an approval.
I’m trying to connect to the European server since its closer to me.
I’m hoping for a P5000 with 250GB of storage on fast.ai template, as indicated by the course guidelines.
My email that I used for signup is atlasi_hoseyn [at] yahoo .com

Regards,

@Atlasi You are all set though I would recommend also checking out Gradient :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @dkobran,

I’m finding that even for Gradient Notebooks, the types of machines available are limited. I can only pick C2 or C7.

The email I’ve signed up with starts with davidejimenezp.

If this could be changed, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi @dkobran ,

Gradients also seem to be facing some limitations.
I tried to clone and continue the notebook for the course, and it told me that you have reached the capacity.

But the VM is working for me now, which is great!
Thanks for the support!

Regards,