Lesson transcriptions (2020) - help wanted

Amazing! I couldn’t catch the “neg” :grin: thanks @gautam_e

2 Likes

I started transcribing my podcast for the community that isn’t a native English speaker. Even though I know the conversations in and out and those are less technical than the lectures, it’s one of the most challenging part of the process for me.

I have a huge amount of gratitude and respect to everyone working on the transcriptions, these are super helpful even for someone who understands English, it allows them to watch at faster speeds.

Thank you for the heroic work :pray:

3 Likes

Here’s a question. When @jeremy says “stacked threes dot mean” and what he’s referring to is this: stacked_threes.mean() what should we put in the transcription?

I would put the code in the transcription

1 Like

Me too! I find it much easier to read, that way.

1 Like

Yes, agreed!

1 Like

I also split lesson 5 into chunks and put 25 volunteer names next to each section:

Thank you for doing this! It makes translation tasks much easier.

3 Likes

Confused … Lesson 5 is up already and the version of Lesson 3 that I see, https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iGkQi4yvSd8BQykGqYgzpFdjphpVqzX6OPePYSF08Y/edit#,
still has a lot of sections that are not complete?

I am either totally confused or just out of the loop …

You are not confused :slight_smile: It took a while for the lesson 3 google doc to be created, and when it did, we did not assign volunteers so there are many sections that are not done (and I see that a small number of volunteers are trying to complete them). So when I split the lesson 5, I put the name of volunteers next to each section in a hope that we can get more help (and the status “not started”). If anybody is not able to work on them, putting “help wanted!” would allow others to grab it.

so what would be the best way to get the word out so that everyone gets a chance to work on Part 3?

I guess all we can do is ask here :slight_smile:

Any takers for these sections for lesson 3?

• [0:45:56] ()
  • [0:50:59] ()
  • [0:56:22] ()
  • [1:01:06] ()
  • [1:06:29] ()
2 Likes

What about lesson 4?

Lesson 4 will be on Tuesday 14th of April so that’s why the document isn’t ready yet.

1 Like

Seeing this thread after some time. Will take up some of the portions.

1 Like

Hi Hiromi,

I see that lesson 3 is complete, now. I also see that someone already completed their section for Lesson 5: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZYhSwMpfbBl0ek0-2GzPgQEXMWc08EStcZ18uPcdAmQ/edit#

which is a remarkable feat, since the video hasn’t been released yet :slight_smile: personally I think I’ll wait for the lesson 4 transcript, for which the video is already available.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Lesson 5’s video is here https://youtu.be/krIVOb23EH8 (the one with Rachel from last week). Lesson 4 video(which was last night’s lesson) is still not up yet.

I do see some already completed, but most of them are not started (I put this table of content at the top of the google doc for easier access):

[0:00:00] barnacl (Status: Not Started)
[0:05:04] kushaj (Status: Not Started)
[0:10:06] ram_cse (Status: Not Started)
[0:14:59] sandeepsign (Status: Not Started)
[0:20:08] pnvijay (Status: Not Started)
[0:25:33] wyquek (Status: Not Started)
[0:30:57] ark_aung (Status: Not Started)
[0:36:03] kofi (Status: Not Started)
[0:41:03] SOVIETIC-BOSS88 (Status: COMPLETE)
[0:46:02] Hadus (Status: Not Started)
[0:51:09] morgan (Status: COMPLETE)
[0:56:28] PoonamV (Status: Not Started)
[1:02:09] foobar8675 (Status: Not Started)
[1:06:56] abhigupta4981 (Status: Not Started)
[1:12:01] melonkernel (Status: Not Started)
[1:16:44] AndreaPi (Status: Not Started)
[1:22:16] jona (Status: Not Started)
[1:27:19] Jess (Status: Not Started)
[1:33:02] Mindtrinket (Status: Not Started)
[1:38:15] reshama (Status: Not Started)
[1:43:08] nchukaobah (Status: Not Started)
[1:48:52] Albertotono (Status: Not Started)
[1:54:04] quantum (Status: Not Started)
[1:59:04] gautam_e (Status: COMPLETE)
[2:03:58] lin.crampton (Status: Not Started)

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I also would like to give a BIG shout out to volunteers who completed lesson 3!!

@jona 1
@quantum 5
@barnacl 1
@AndreaPi 1
@SOVIETIC-BOSS88 9 sections!!
@lin.crampton 5
@morgan 2
@gautam_e 1

You are appreciated :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you Hiromi, that helps a lot! Quick question, since I’m not familiar with the dark recesses of the Internet: at 1:17:02 Rachel mentions another imageboard along with 4chan. Is it Hchan or 8chan? Thnx!

BTW: apart from that, I completed my part.

I think she says 8chan. I haven’t heard of Hchan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I thought as much :slight_smile: then, I’m done.

1 Like