Introduce yourself here

Hi,
I’m a Neurobiologist trying to learn as much AI as possible to transition into Bioinformatics. I love to learn and I love learning projects like this one. I’m so glad to be here. Hope to see you around

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Do I need to earn karma to make a post or something?

Hey everyone!

My name is Katlego, I am from Johannesburg South Africa. I found these courses after recently completing a boot camp in Data Science and AI. I am currently building a chatbot prototype as an intern at a local tech company.

Outside of tech, I have a deep passion for nature and art. I believe in conservation and sustainability and creating solutions for a better world through regenerative design.

I am looking to dive deeper into this fascinating world of Machine Learning to get an understanding of the core concept as well as connect with like-minded and more experienced individuals in the field.

I am on Twitter where I share my journey. Let’s connect to share inspiration, ideas and support for mutual career progress.

2 Likes

No, you can post without karma.

I work in a small startup, where we sometimes apply cutting-edge algorithms and other times use more common techniques like regular expressions or whatever gets the job done. .

1 Like

Love to learn more AI stuff, love python, love learning fast and get projects running this looks like the perfect place! Great work, glad to this great body of work! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

This is Alex, from Hong Kong. I work in finance and always keen on learning A.I./deep learning not just in general but also the application in investment.

I am starting the course with the plan to watch all videos to have a general understanding first (which is also more managable to chip in half-an-hour sessions here and there when having a full-time job), then go through notebooks and textbook chapters according to the instruction.

Because I start the course now in 2023, it would be beneficial to know someone who also just start so that we can put on peer pressure to each other :slight_smile:

As I progress, I will join in other discussions in the forum and hope to catch up to the Part 2 as soon as possible!

2 Likes

Hey folks, Mike here.
I’m a long time software engineer who’s always had an interest in AI and just found this fantastic course!
I went through some AI/ML topics before but like many people I started with digging deep into math and such and just lost steam. Really looking forward to the methodology this course uses.
Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible! Feel free to message me here for anything or we can connect on twitter/X @learnactrepeat

Cya folks!

2 Likes

Howdy :smiley_cat:
I’m Sam, starting the course from Los Angeles.
I was doing a Finance degree in 2017 and after graduation took a shot at doing the Data Science thing with no background, which included taking a swipe at the first iteration of fast.ai – It didn’t stick! Since then I’ve become a software engineer and mucked around a bit, learning some of the things I’ve been missing.
I’m after back after COVID/Job shuffles/life shuffles to (actually) do the course now! I basically stopped paying attention to ML (for my own purposes) when the Transformer arch came out, so I’m curious to see what the current meta is (in terms of local tooling, ops, observability, podcasts, books, whatever).
I’m probably hoping to do an Online MS in CS (GT? UIUC?) in the next year or so as a cover for {actually taking the great courses that exist for free online} :smiley_cat:.

I’m interesting in talking with and learning from anyone who’d like to talk and learn together.
Funnily enough I remember chatting ML to @init_27 on Twitter years ago when we were both youngish guys going through the first iteration of Fast.ai. He stuck with it, and I didn’t! Goes to show what perseverance can buy you ;). I’m here for good, this time!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I’m Treylon Wofford, I work in finance and was a Research Assistant in the past with some experience in CV. I’m excited for this course to learn a lot and build a lot. Happy to meet everyone and connect with everyone!!!

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m Keith in Sydney, Australia. Retired but interested in ML. A day or two in and am also interested in the tools being used such as Kaggle, Jupyter etc. Hoping my brain remains intact long enough to enjoy the experience!

4 Likes

Hi,
Im Scott Burgert. I am from New York, US and I am an undergraduate dual major studying CS and applied math at Stony Brook University. I am really looking forward to this course!

I don’t have Twitter… err… X… sigh… but I do have a personal website I just created! Scott Burgert’s Blog - About

1 Like

Hi, I’m Kacper from Poland. I’m currently a student at my second year studying bioinformatics and data analysis. It’s my first time trying out this course. I’m hoping to learn more about computer vision. I want to make my own projects and to potentially find a internship in this field.

1 Like

Hello everyone, this is Ajay an undergrad from India passionate about machine intelligence, striving to learn lot of new skills…currently up with part 1 and Mr.jermey its supercool to be at Fast.ai…
Happy learning all :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

my name is Adam Centurione. I have a science degree in ecology and am working on ecological modelling. This lead me to Karl Friston’s work on Active Inference. I am working on the application of Active Inference to Ecological Modelling and Management where i focus on water quality. The Matrix Calculus paper lead me here.

1 Like

Just wanted to say hi. My name is Danny Elliott (LinkedIn) and I’ve been working as a developer for over 10 years but am just getting into AI, which is what brought me to the Fast AI course. I’ve only completed the first lesson so far but am really enjoying it. I’m on research project looking at how NLP can be paired with investment data.

1 Like

Ola am Nyasha based in Zimbabwe pursueing my degreee in physics
And this is my journey in applying deep learning and machine learning
in physics

1 Like

Hello Everyone

My name is Chris. I’m a Mechanical Engineer by training. I’ve been working in data (data lakes, data warehouses) in the oil and gas industry for many years, here is my Linkedin profile. I found fast.ai first through the Data Ethics course. It was great, I recommend it to anyone who works with data or AI that has an impact on people, which is pretty much anything. The instructor, Rachel Thomas, was fantastic.

I started the Deep Learning course before the New Year, just getting back to it now. I’m just wrapping up Lesson 2. Check out my It Might be ‘Footie’ tuned model on HuggingFace.

For the Deep Learning course I’m curious to see what applications I can try in the medical field. Like converting audio to spectrograms and then using image recognition. Or maybe ultrasound cross sections. Heart valve audio? It will depend on what I can find for labelled data sets.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Regina, a frontend engineer from Singapore and currently based in London.

I’m currently studying the basics of ML at Recurse Center just to switch things up a little and explore what has previously seemed to me a magical black box. I’ll be posting my progress on this forum and hoping to interact with some of yall in the next few weeks!

2 Likes