Introduce yourself here!

Hi! I’m Hernán, from Madrid, Spain.

I’ve been working as a software developer/architect/manager/etc. for the last 30 years.

My last project was a Fintech CTO. Previously, was the main designer/developer of a software platform for demand forecasting, automatic planning, and supply chain management and optimization.

Greetings to all!

Hi, I am Tenzin, final year undergrad student from India.

I am currently the lead of driverless team at camber racing, college team. Here i am mainly work on computer vision and perceptron of self driving car.
As of now I am working on object detection using SSD Mobilebnet and watches both fast.ai part 2 lesson 8 and 9. (Thanks fast.ai for free of cost material)

I have done deeplearning specialization course from Coursera, But wanted to learn more about NPL, fast.ai has great resource on it and it’s using pytorch. So I looking forward to learn more about it and hopefully I could reproduce the some of the SOTA paper on NLP.

1 Like

:wave:

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m Alex, an iOS Developer located in Boston (but looking to move to NYC or SF).

I develop AR apps and am learning ML/DL to give them some more real world intelligence!

Excited to learn with all you.

Woohoo ! Wow it’s great to see so many enthusiastic learners. Looking forward to the first lesson.

My name is Pradeep and I am an entrepreneur. I run a startup Quantomaly where I intend to do representation learning on financial transactional graphs. Inspired by the work at GraphSAGE. I have built deep neural nets before mostly on TF and Keras, and I am a TF contributor. I am here to learn and validate some of my hypotheses around neural networks and graphs and by the end build a model on a significantly large graph (about 10 million nodes with a few hundred million edges). Since such data is hard to find, I am simulating such a graph. Happy to answer any questions and look forward to meeting everyone at the first lesson.

Best,
Pradeep

2 Likes

Hi!

Excited to be joining in at 3.30 in the morning. Will not do well without coffee, though :slight_smile:.

All the best to everyone!

Hi I’m Adrian, I work as a backend developer in Java and Go mainly. I am trying to get up to speed with AI as an old ambition. I;m looking forward to see my first course.

1 Like

Ha ha. That’s me :slight_smile:

I am Aptha, I currently pursuing my bachelor’s degree in CS in Bangalore.

Hi guys, I am Cristina from Timisoara, Romania. I work in computer vision for 5 years, “classical” stuff like features, descriptors, stereo depth. I don’t really have experience with ML but I am eager to learn what everybody is talking about ! :smiley:

3 Likes

I live in Pittsburgh and work as a software developer.

In the 1990s, I wrote a neural net system which learned to play expert-level backgammon through repetitive self play, using a technique called temporal difference learning. (The probabilistic structure of a backgammon game lends itself nicely to reinforcement learning.) Back then, I had to write everything from scratch in C++.

More recently, I took up machine learning again to see what people are doing with modern tools & hardware. I’ve done a couple professional projects involving machine learning and images.

My goal is to deepen my understanding of state of the art, and in particular I want to learn how to use machine learning for natural-language processing projects.

One “out there” project I have in mind is getting machine learning to assist in the translation of 18th century mathematical texts, for example the works of Leonhard Euler. I’ve done a fair amount of Euler translation (from French) into English. But most of his stuff is written in Latin, which I actually do not read.

So my dream project would be to get machine learning to help out. I have no illusions that you’d get a professional quality translation. But I think maybe machine learning could be useful as part of the process.

By the way, Euler writes in incredibly long, involved, yet lucid sentences. At the other end of the scale from, say, weather forecasts. Any system that could deal with Euler and not get totally flummoxed would be quite impressive indeed.

–Todd

1 Like

Hey @arunoda good to see you here mate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m Kadir from Turkey and an Electrical Engineering senior. I’ve spent almost a year in ml/dl and found my interest in life. I finished the last year’s DL1 courses online and they were amazing. Now want to learn new state-of-the-art models with this courses.

Also if there is anyone in the group from Turkey please contact. Maybe we can get better together and share ideas.

Great community , great people…

2 Likes

Oh nice :smiley:

1 Like

Hi All,

I am a researcher and a programmer for deep learning live currently in Paris. I started studying/working in AI since 2010 and deep learning in 2015. Most of my work is in CNN and Keras but would like to learn also LSTM and Pytorch. Would be interested to cooperate in a project.

Thank you,
Faris

1 Like

Hey what’s up everyone! I’m Sam.

I host the This Week in Machine Learning & AI (TWiML) podcast and community. I’ve been hooked on ML and AI since taking Andrew Ng’s Stanford course in 2011.

I’m based in St. Louis, Missouri, travel a lot to conferences, and love talking to folks about ML/AI.

The TWiML community hosts a couple of online meetups a month where we review academic papers on various topics and we host virtual study groups for the Fast.ai course. More info on those here: https://forums.fast.ai/t/twiml-online-study-group-saturdays-9-am-us-pacific-4-5-pm-utc/25699

Cheers,
Sam

5 Likes

hi everyone,
I am Shweta, from Bangalore India.Thanks to Jeremy and Rachel for making cutting edge research available to everyone. I am software engineer by work and DL enthusiast by passion. I have taken Andrew Ng’s deeplearning.ai course and intern at MLBLR community. is there any offline study group for part1 v3 started in bangalore?

hi everyone,
I am Shweta, from Bangalore India.Thanks to Jeremy and Rachel for making cutting edge research available to everyone. I am software engineer by work and DL enthusiast by passion. I have taken Andrew Ng’s deeplearning.ai course and intern at MLBLR community. is there any offline study group for part1 v3 started in bangalore?

Hi there, I’m Nissan, originally from Trinidad and Tobago but now resident in Brisbane, Australia. I’m fairly new to the field of deep learning, I just completed a local class that followed the old MOOC for fast.ai v1 and am keen to reinforce this with the newer content while simultaneously exploring learning options to get some of the other foundational knowledge following the MOOC for part 1 revealed I had a gap in. My hope is to learn enough to be able to blog more and share more of this knowledge back with both my Brisbane data science Meetup peers as well as my peers in my homeland in the Caribbean who may be keen on learning too but not sure how to start. Is anyone else here from the Caribbean or Oz, or presently Caribbean or Brisbane based?

Hi everyone!
My name is Zeina. I live in Istanbul. I currently work as a machine learning engineer. I started following the last version of the course and it was a great experience. It allowed me to have confidence to apply the theory I knew, and create creative solutions from it.

I enjoy working on NLP. In my free time, I have been working on applying some new NLP algorithms to Arabic, my native language.

I’m looking forward to taking this course with you all this time.

4 Likes