Introduce yourself here!

Hi, I’m Andrei and I work as data scientist in fintech company. Thanks fastai cource for a lot of useful information that can be applycable in everyday projects! Looking forward to new cource, most of all I’m interested in tabular data analysis such as scoring, LTV and churn modelling

1 Like

Hey, bharadwaj here from Pune. Relatively new to everything ml and dl. Been coding for a while and work in a recruitment tech startup.
Studied at nanyang tech university Singapore.
Am super excited about the future.
Areas of interest: robotics, bio tech, languages, games, music, sports

Hi Pamin. I’m so glad that there is one more Thai student joining this course. My name is Niwech. I lived in Thailand originally. At the moment, I live in Texas. I believe there are many students from Thailand. Hopefully, we can team up and use this knowledge for good. Cheer!

1 Like

Hello! I am Kristen from Seattle, WA, For the past three years I’ve been working with an AR/VR startup building consumer applications. Prior to this I worked in both the electronic trading and video games industries.

I’ve been writing code professionally for more than 15 years but am a newbie when it comes to machine learning. I am particularly interested in learning more about image recognition techniques and how it I might leverage them to create more interactive applications.

1 Like

Hello!

I’m currently working as Data Scientist in India. Currently working on ML/DL models in healthcare domain.
I’m expecting to get fluent/easy in coding with deep learning. I’ve gone through some lectures of previous fastai versions. Eagerly waiting for this!

Hey People,
This is Vikas from Bangalore, India. I have done Masters in Computer Application and graduation (B.Sc.) in(Mathematics). I have around 6 years of experience in IT. I have done Andrew Ng’s ML course and some other MOOCs courses on ML and DL. Hope to learn more about DL and understand it so that I can implement it for my project which is based on Special Kids.
I am super excited to be part of this awesome initiative taken by our Leader Mr. Jeremy.

Hello !

I’m Arief from Indonesia, currently working as software engineer. Interested using deep learning for robotics.

Started my ML/DL journey with Learning from Data series and Coursera Deep Learning Specialization, both pretty heavy on math and ML theory. Super excited with with top-down teaching concept here, hoping to get more practical coding and stuff now. Looking forward to learning with you all!

Hi @ahmadarib @alramadona, glad to see another fellow Indonesian here. I went to AISaturday event here in Jakarta, the one that arranged by Gojek. Sadly after finishing part1, there’s no more news/update about the event.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone. Am From Lagos, Nigeria. Am excited to be part of this course and this is my first time. I have an interest in computer vision and I have done something on neural style transfer and Face recognition using FaceNet.

2 Likes

Hi everyone - I’m Brian from Seattle, WA, and my day job I work for Microsoft as an escalation engineer on Planner and Project. I’ve worked through some of the online edx DS, ML and AI coursers and also the v2 courses for fast.ai - and really enjoyed Jeremy’s approach to teaching AI.
Looking forward to v3!

1 Like

I’m Prratek! I got interested in data science and machine learning about a year ago. Since then, I’ve taken a number of online courses (largely through either Datacamp or Coursera), done an NLP internship, and am currently volunteering with Data for Democracy. Oh and I’m two lectures away from finishing the fast.ai ML course so this couldn’t have come at a better time!

Andrea de Luca, from Italy. Degree in Mathematics, and in the process of getting a MSc in CS. Also working for a DL firm as consultant. I’m really looking forward to getting acquainted with V1. See you on the western EU study group!

I am Anders Christiansen, a Data Scientist in Mexico City. I am a huge fast.ai evangalist and binge-watcher. I have taken 2017 and 2018 courses, parts 1 and 2 as well as parts of the Machine Learning and Linear Algebra courses. I am excited to learn about the fast.ai 1.0 library and changes in the state of the art in the live vesion!

Huge thanks to Jeremy and Rachel for making cutting edge research available to everyone. The course makes it so straightforward to digest academic papers on the topic and implement state of the art solutions. Thanks to their encouragement I just wrote my first Medium article on deep learning for object detection as well.

Can’t wait for Monday!!

6 Likes

Wow this is quite a splendid article! I’d like to share it on twitter and credit you - do you have a twitter handle? (If so - it’s also good to add it to your medium profile so it gets cited automatically.)

Hello Everyone,

I am Mukesh Jangid, a Master’s Student from India. I am interested in Computer Vision. This Course is a great learning resource for Deep Learning.

Best of luck, Everyone

Hello all, I am Anand and I will be joining from Tokyo. I work as an ML Engineer at a startup here.

Last year I had taken this course and it was my first real introduction to applied deep learning. I was amazed at how a free course could be be better than the paid ones.

My background is that I have been working as a s/w engineer for quite some time. I had been fiddling with deep learning through 2015/16, but the progress was not satisfying given my day job and the commute. In 2017 I decided to take a learning break, quit my job to pursue an immersive few months into this topic before joining back into a role involving deep learning. That’s when I attended v2 and it gave me an amazing perspective into how to use deep learning as a tool. (It was also a great segue into PyTorch!).

I see many familiar faces here in the introduction, hello hello! :slight_smile:

Thank you Jeremy for creating this course and waiting to see you on Monday!

(Unfortunately the timings overlap my work hours and I will be watching the recording - nevertheless I will be having the forum open which I refer to as the reddit for deep learning practitioners :sunglasses: )

-Anand

10 Likes

Heya!
I am Amisha the final year Under Graduate student, I have Electronics as major but ML, AL have been my field of interest always so I started studying them as well. Simultaneous study of electronics and ML made me think of making some projects that combine both hardware and software and I am working on it write now.
Apart from it, fast.ai classes will be my stepping stone towards deep learning practically, though self studying CS231 to cover up and get familiar with the terms.
I have heard a lot of good reviews about this class and I am excited about it.
Regards
amisha

My man!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m from Brussels, Belgium. I’ve been a mechanical engineer in the aerospace industry for about 10 years. 2 years ago, I started a master’s degree in business management at the university (evening courses) and there I discovered the world of data science. I found it so appealing that it literally changed my life. After two years of learning R, Python, statistics and machine learning, I will finally be given a chance to apply deep learning in my company (I suggested using PyTorch + fastai and they said OK!) to solve supply chain/inventory optimization problems.

Really excited to be on board for the v3 course!

Thanks @rachel and @jeremy for everything you do, I think you’re making a huge impact in the world.

1 Like

I think I recollect you from Meteor projects :slight_smile: