Australia Study Group

Hi guys

If you are in Australia, let’s form a group study for fast.ai course in 2022.

13 Likes

I’m keen. Are you thinking Zoom chat, Discord server, other format?

1 Like

I’m also quite keen to form up a group. Maybe an earlier catch up next time at UQ?

3 Likes

I am keen to be part of this study group, lets’s discuss,share knowledge and grow together

1 Like

Catch up in the next class if attending a live session in UQ

1 Like

Hi guys, I live on the Gold Coast. If you are going to get together by discord or zoom, I’m interested.

2 Likes

Hello! Not in Australia yet, should be there soon, but I’m not far away right now (in Kuala Lumpur), would love to join if that’s okay.

1 Like

Hi guys

Maybe we can catch up in person along with Zoom at the same time for those who are not in Brisbane? Depends how we want to do it, we should be flexibile I guess.

I’m personally planning to allocate one hour of my day to self study this course because there will be an hackathon at the end of this course. Group study would be another way of learning the code and ask questions.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m looking for study groups in Bris. Would be keen to meet up with people who are at the in-person UQ session! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey team, I am in Victoria, Would love to have a study buddy.

1 Like

I want to be a part of this group. I live in Sydney. Please add me

1 Like

Also keen to be part of a study group :slight_smile: I’m in Sydney.

1 Like

Hi team

I created my first fast.ai notebook.It’s basically a lion-cat classifier. I tweaked Jeremy’s code slightly to classify lions from cats (Jeremy did a bird classifier in Lesson 1). I thought lions and cats have kind of similar look so it would be challenging for the model to classify. I can send you the notebook if you want. Here is a snapshot of the model:

5 Likes

Hey everyone, following @amir8 I thought I would share my project from when I took the 2020 course. It’s probably much larger than it should have been, but anyway here is a project on classifying 1000 species of mushrooms from over 200k images :slight_smile:

It might give some insight into preparing data for a model, training models, and using callbacks (commands that trigger during training to do something helpful, e.g. save the model weights).

Let me know if you have any questions!

5 Likes

Awesome work @alexredplanet and thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hi guys, Super interested in this. I am from Sydney, so likely Zoom is best. But I will be coming down to UQ for the hackathon.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m keen to get to know a few people locally in Brisbane who are attending the course live.

I’m particularly interested in NLP and being part of the fast.ai testers for Hugging Face models. I don’t have much information about it yet but I’m keen to share with others if you are interested.

If you are attending live maybe we can meetup before lecture 2? I think the UQ Main Refectory is open until 5:30pm which is nearby the lecture theatre.

Thanks @amir8 for starting this thread!
~Matt

2 Likes

Let’s meetup before lecture 2 next week!

3 Likes

This is a great initiative @amir8 !

I’m definitely interested to be apart of any catch ups/ study groups going forward.

1 Like

Hi all

How many people are willing to catch up in person on Tuesday 3th May before the class? Say at 5pm. Can you please click “like :heart:” button on this post?

We will organize a Zoom meeting later on though.

9 Likes