Australia Study Group

I am getting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
NameError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
/tmp/ipykernel_33/365572113.py in <module>
----> 1 learn = vision_learner(dls, resnet18, metrics=error_rate)
      2 learn.fine_tune(3)

NameError: name 'vision_learner' is not defined

I am following Is it a bird? Creating a model from your own data | Kaggle?

Will be good to meet in person before the next class as suggested

1 Like

1- Make sure you have selected GPU as runtime type if you are using Google Colab (Menu>runtime>change runtime type > select GPU)

2- Make sure you have imported the required python packages as below:

!pip install -Uqq fastai
from fastai.vision.all import *

I am using Kaggle Code to practice the models. Would you suggest Google Colab instead?

Still the same error :frowning:

(click on the copy and edit on the right, so you don’t wait for it to run fully.

Try running this line at the very top of the notebook

!pip install -Uqq fastai

This updates to the latest version of the fastai library. Then the notebook should work.

It’s more of a personal preference on what Cloud service you want to use. I use Google Colab and I had no problem with it.

I had a look at your Kaggle notebook and seems like it’s running but I am not seeing any actual code.

Maybe you want to copy your code to another cloud service and see if it works?

Hi,

I am based in Canberra, and interested in joining an Aussie study group. My professional interests usually revolve around point time series information, and in techniques to recast them to images to use 2D models on them.

1 Like

Hi team :wave:

There are a number of us who are willing to catch up in-person before the class on Tuesday, 3rd of May. So I suggest we gather in “Saint Lucy Caffe e Cucina” cafe next to the Tennis court, St lucia campus from 5pm-5:45pm (Open to any other suggestions). We can have a coffee there and then we head to the class at 5:45pm.

It’ll be great for networking and future collaborations.

Address: next to Tennis Courts, University of Queensland, Blair Dr, St Lucia QLD 4067
When: 2022-05-03T07:00:00Z

See you there!
Amir

5 Likes

Great idea Amir, Looking forward to see all there :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Great suggestion @amir8 - I haven’t tried Saint Lucy before and the pizza looks great!

WooHoo, thanks. all worked…

@amir8 you need to click on the Edit my code.
Anyway, have you upgraded Colab to be pro?
also I assume GPU coming with Colab is that correct?

It is faster for sure… even with the free version.

Yes, I clicked and “copy and edit”.
No, I am using the free version of Google Colab.
Yes, Google colab comes with both GPU and CPU runtime kernels, You can switch between them from Menu>runtime>change runtime type.

And I also think Google colab is faster. And within your G. Colbn notebook, you can easily mount your Google drive where you stored your images and read them.

Yup, I switched to Colab, a lot faster tbh. and Google drive a very good option. Thanks for that.

Hi,
I live in Brisbane and am going live tot he course at UQ.
Would love to be part of a study group for this.
Just been dabbling in creating a koala search model…liking these notebooks…

thanks @amir8 for organising this. Should hopefully be able to make it

1 Like

I’ll try and be there too. Abe

1 Like

It was great to getting to know you guys in person! :100: I was also fascinated by the huge amount of experience you guy have in data science domain!

P.S. I am thinking to set up a Zoom meeting sometime soon (maybe next week) so that everyone across Australia are able to join us!

4 Likes

That would be great. :slight_smile:

4 Likes