Studying In South Bay

Please let me know of the time and location too. Interested to join.

Great!

We will have a south bay study session tomorrow Thursday March 21st from 6-9pm at 610 E Weddell Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

There is guest parking in the garage and if that is full there is some of space for street parking. Call me or text me on my cell phone once you have arrived and I can let you in. 952-250-4121.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
@marii @rsrivastava @apparle @beecoder @tanyaroosta @karthik.subraveti

Cool. Meet you all tomorrow.

Is there like an existing agenda or do we plan to go over lesson 8?

I think going over lesson 8 is probably a good start

Going over lesson 8 and really understanding it and reading two papers is basically the “Assigned” Homework.

I’ve been going over lesson 8 today and the concepts are really cool but have taken me some time to really get my mind around them.

Great, I’ll see you there.

Hey Peter
I’m outside your leasing office

lec02_rnn.pdf (902.7 KB)

here is the ppt that has the backprop equations in it, slides 29-31

2 Likes

I was not able to show up yesterday, mostly due to logistics of getting from GTC to the study group. I ended up not having a car at 6:00pm.

How did the study group go? Did the location turn out well?

Hi Molly!

Hope GTC was good. I thought it went well. We were 4 people in total. And covered notebooks 00-01 and 1/3 of notebook 02. Everyone who attended said they would be able to attend another same day and time next week.

The location seemed to me fine. We had a private room in the co-working space that allowed us to be somewhat loud/lively in our discussion and a TV which let everyone view the notebook and be on the same page. If the study group becomes larger then 7ish people I think we might need to find another location but until then I’m happy to volunteer my location.

Sounds great! Glad to see it went well. I should definitely be able to be there next week.

Hello Everyone,

I will be hosting another south bay study session tomorrow Thursday, March 28st from 6-9pm at 610 E Weddell Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

There is guest parking in the garage and if that is full there is some space for street parking. Call me or text me on my cell phone once you have arrived and I can let you in. 952-250-4121. Or use this as a virtual key for the intercom system - http://tinyurl.com/y57xkwju

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone who can attend.

@marii @rsrivastava @apparle @beecoder @tanyaroosta @karthik.subraveti

will be there, thanks for hosting.

Thanks for hosting, I’ll be there.

Still on my way, not used to public transit

Hey Peter
I’m outside the study group area. Can you let me in.

Thanks

http://cs231n.stanford.edu/slides/2018/cs231n_2018_lecture06.pdf

Here the video covering the Stanford slides

1 Like

Batch norm

2 Likes