Study Group in south of Germany

Would anyone be interested in forming a study group in the south of Germany?

I am currently living in Karlsruhe and working in Stuttgart. Because of my commute I have a bahncard and I am pretty flexible, meaning I could reach any town that 1-2h away from the cities I spend most of the time.

A potential cool place to meet could be at ZKM Karlsruhe; Open Codes set up a working environment for visitors. We’d have internet (eduroam), water, fruits etc… https://zkm.de/en/exhibition/2017/10/open-codes

Cheers,
Laura

2 Likes

Hi Laura,

Carsten here from Munich. Great idea to setup a study group in southern Germany.
Because of limited time I probably will not make it out of Munich for real live meetups within the next months.I had a short contact to @sahilk1610 , he is in Frankfurt, but does not speak German, though.

1 Like

Hello Laura,

It would also be very difficult for me as well to travel or get out of Frankfurt but I think we can at-least meet once if possible to discuss upon ideas and let everybody know what we are currently working on or how we can help each other.

Thanks and Regards,
Sahil Karkhanis

1 Like

Hi Laura and guys,
I am also in Munich and would be happy to join the study group and meet!
Best,
Marc

1 Like

I’ve moved this into the EU-West subforum.

1 Like

Thanks, Jeremy!

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I’m living in Hamburg so for me that’s a little bit too far away. I would be up for study groups in Hamburg and/or online study groups (Skype, Discord etc., idk whatever works best).

Regards,
Sven

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m in Munich as well. We had a Meetup group which started going through the DL course last year, but it kind of petered out. The initial server setup seemed to be a high hurdle at that time, but it should be easier now. The TWiML podcast is also syncing up their online study group to ours, and they suggested using Kaggle Kernels. I went through the ML course in the meantime and am looking forward to diving into neural networks again.

Viele Grüße,
Greg

1 Like

Another FRA participant here. Will also attend the Twimlai meeting that’ll move to the new course on the 22nd…

Christian

1 Like

What do you guys prefer for our group: Slack, Hangouts, …? We could also just keep on talking here.

Since already 2 persons are from Munich (@Carsten, @Greg ) and 2 from Frankfurt (@cwerner , @sahilk1610 I’d travel at least once to each of the places to meet you guys in person as well. Frankfurt is especially easy to reach for me, 1h away only.

I don’t exclude coming to Hamburg as well (@SBecker) since it’s on my list of places to visit until my Bahncard expires in January.

@Greg maybe the petered out group from Munich could be revived?

:slight_smile:

Cheers,
Laura

1 Like

I’m in Berlin and would also be happy to join the study group :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everybody! :slight_smile:
I live in Frankfurt and working on a project in Munich, so I’m happy to help with organizing coffee/beer in both cities. Do get things rolling, here are my suggestions:

@Greg and @Carsten (and anybody else in Munich): how about having a beer on 24th in the evening?

@cwerner, @sahilk1610 and @sarnthil (and anybody else in Frankfurt or close by): how about a coffee on 27th early afternoon?

Cheers,
Timo

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I also come from Munich and could join @Greg @Carsten and @timo.
Since now we are four and most probably many other people will join, let’s make a study group.
@timo good idea! lets start this cool course with few beers :wink:
looking forward to studying together.

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Great idea @timo! The 24th should work for me.

@sarnthil I asked in the old Meetup and Slack channel, but haven’t gotten any response. But according to the map Jeremy posted on Twitter, there should be 17 at least with ISPs in Munich.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/alison.davey#!/vizhome/fast_aiPart1v3/Sheet2

1 Like

I feel left out :wink: I am also from Munich (and have posted this above already), and would like to join on the 24th, but I can only join around later in the evening…

1 Like

Sorry @marcmuc. :slight_smile:
I’ll post where we meet on 24th at 7:30pm in the forum (recommendations are welcome) so that everyone can join. Until then: save the date! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I‘m also in Munich. Would be happy to particilate.

1 Like

Study group Munich:
We could start a new topic for a study group in Munich.
At the 24th I will be able to join later in the evening, probably from around 9.15 PM.
My suggestion would be Niederlassung, since it is the most nerdy location in Munich that I am aware of :wink:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Niederlassung/@48.1327766,11.5772323,20.39z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x479ddf61026ea239:0x6fb58ad5eed864ca!2zR8OkcnRuZXJwbC4sIDgwNDY5IE3DvG5jaGVu!3b1!8m2!3d48.1319321!4d11.5758616!3m4!1s0x479ddf61ba98083f:0x15c9bd0c175d29e5!8m2!3d48.1327766!4d11.5772322

Maybe we could join on the 25th, that would be with less “jet lag” for all of us and maybe @marcmuc (?) and me could join earlier.

1 Like

@timo Sorry, I commute into FRA so Saturdays are no good for me. But would be nice to hook up another day (pref. MO - WED)…

1 Like

Both dates suit me, for timing i would also prefer in the evening.

1 Like