Study Group in Singapore

Hi folks participating from Singapore,

Let’s make a study group in Singapore.
We can meet up to review the content, discuss project ideas, share our experiences.

Regards,
Praveen Sanap

Hi Praveen,

I’m in Singapore (GMT+8) and I occasionally move around countries in Southeast Asia.

Days ago, together with init_27 (Sanyam Bhutani), we have started a virtual study group. Currently, there are 3 of us including me in the group (one unconfirmed). We think group of up to 5 fellow students would be an appropriate size for optimal learning experience.

I suggest you check out the following thread started by me. I think that will give you information to get you started in forming your study group.

Best,
Cedric

2 Likes

Count me in.

1 Like

Hi Cedric,

Great! I can join the study group.
Let me know how to connect (slack/whatsapp etc).

Regards,
Praveen Sanap

Hi Praveen,

Our virtual ‘study group’ is currently over subscribed, but I’ll invite you in regardless and we will sort out this later.

1 Like

Hi wyquek,

Since you are physically in Singapore, I recommend you to join our in-person study group instead. Details below:

See you there.

(as it seems to have many threads linked to Singapore Study Group, I did not know where to post and posted the same message many times. Sorry about that.)

Hello, I just launched a discussion thread on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers and participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you have a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile:

Hello all,

I have completed V1 of 2018 and keen to join a local group in Singapore. Just wondering if there are still regular meetups?

Also, keen to extend this to a Kaggle competition Meetup where we can discuss on existing solutions just to learn more about ML in general.

Thanks!
Ed

Hi @cedric

Thanks for this virtual study group! I am interested in your virtual group, could you tell us more of your group activities? Are you still open to take people in?

Also, I am wondering whether you record the visual study group discussion on youtube. If so, many people can still benefit from the virtual group even when they can’t make it.

Thanks

Hi Ed,

I have completed V1 of 2018…

This is the study group for DL Part 1 v3 2019. Are you sure you are in the correct study group?

Just wondering if there are still regular meetups?

No.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your interest. This is an outdated thread. Please go to this thread instead: 📖 Organizing Local In-Person Study Group in Singapore - Saturdays 10 AM GMT+8

Are you still open to take people in?

Yes, see the thread above for details.
Note: the study group is currently in-active, meaning, no regular in-person meetup until further notice.

Also, I am wondering whether you record the visual study group discussion on youtube. If so, many people can still benefit from the virtual group even when they can’t make it.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is not a virtual study group. Fellow learners in the group meet everyone in-person. There’s no strong need for video recording.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @cedric

I thought it was a virtual group, do you still have a virtual group actively running? Where can I know more of it?

Also I would love to watch your virtual group video whenever it is available.

Best

do you still have a virtual group actively running? Where can I know more of it?

Also I would love to watch your virtual group video whenever it is available.

Our virtual study group is known as Fast.ai Asia Study Group. Only a few of us are active now. Most of us are in the TWiML group.