South Bay Weekend / Evening Study Groups?

Great, I plan to come by 7ish.

Awesome. Looking forward to catching up with some of you later today and code up.

1 Like

I will be there around 6 ish …

@ramesh @pandeyanil @beecoder I have to skip tonight, as we just had a big effort at work re-scoped.

I am here … in the quiet zone …

Great discussions yesterday at Palo Alto Library. I tried to book it for next week, but looks like it’s only available on Tuesday, which is not enough time for us to do anything after the class on Monday. So if one of you can find a space on Wed or Thursday evening next week in south bay (Palo Alto - San Jose) that would be great.

Hope to continue to discussion and understanding of the models at the Sunday Study Group.

1 Like

Due to complaints about parking issues, projector issues, and lack of whiteboard, I found a better venue for the weekend study group.

For sunday, we can meet at (Edit: office in Sunnyvale bayshore) from 4-7pm. The room is on the ground floor, a little bit off from the main entrance, but the door is locked so you will need to knock. I will post a picture of which door to use soon.

Find the the furthest door on the left and knock. That’s the room we can use. I’ll put a sign or something on the door so people can see.

Basically look for the electric vehicle parking spots and it’s the door straight in front.

4 Likes

Also, google hangouts wasn’t too bad right…something to consider if some can’t make it… and for continuation after next week!

hmm…Google hangouts can work when everyone is remote and dialing in, but I typically don’t have great experience when only 1-2 people are remote and rest are in the room. Invariably, the folks on the phone get left out of the side conversations. Just my thoughts. But I would be up for anything that group wants to do.

Looking forward to the meetup today. I am going to be around 4:15

We’re here, in the room with the side door. It’s building 3.

I couldn’t book the Palo Alto Lib for Wed / Thus of this week. Lets just do the Sunday 4-7pm.

1 Like

Hey All - Hope you all are having a good week. I posted about a AI Hackathon that I am hosting on May’5th (One day). Hope to see some of my study group members there. Ping me if you have any questions -

7 Likes

Oh… I wish I could attend :sob: Unfortunately I have other appointment.

BTW, the event page has very interesting links like this: http://mmlab.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/projects/DeepFashion/FashionSynthesis.html

Extremely thank you for the info!

1 Like

I will be there Ramesh. Let me know if you need any help …

Hi @laphi - Can you confirm the time and location for our Sunday meeting. Is it at the same place as last time 4-7pm?

For those that couldn’t come last week, hope to see you this weekend. The location was amazing with whiteboards and very large screen and tons of room and parking.

@ramesh Yeah, we can meet at the same time and place as last week. Sunday 4-7pm at (Edit: Sunnyvale bayshore office). We’re in building 3, in a conference room on the ground floor directly in front of the electric parking spots. Knock and we will get the door.

See the photo on which door to enter. It’s the door on the far left.

See y’all there

4 Likes

Not going to be there… Day Job commitments :frowning:

@laphi - Just returned from Boys Scout Camping over the weekend. Too tired to discuss anything. I will catch up next time. Hope you guys have a good discussion.