South Bay Weekend / Evening Study Groups?

I live in Santa Cruz. I had to skip fast.ai classes for two weeks in a row due to some job interviews I had. I might not be able to join this Sunday but am definitely interested in joining you guys during weekdays evening and next weekend.

planning to be there today.

I need to sit out today. Something came up.

Hope all is well – hope to see you next week!

@dogenzen @pandeyanil @sjcho Sorry for missing last weeks study group. For this weeks study group, who wants to reserve a room? Does Sunday 4-7 still work. Thanks!

I will book the room again for this Sunday and post it here.

1 Like

Hi - I’m not sure if I can join this Sunday, but I’d love to join up on future weekends! If anyone’s interested, I’d particularly like to try practice interviews (practicing being put on the spot to briefly explain some random topic - LSTM vs GRU, vanishing gradients, attention, etc)

Room 632
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library | San José State University
https://library.sjsu.edu/1

150 E. San Fernando St.
San José, CA 95112

Limit: 10 people
There is a TV in the room. We will need HDMI cables or chromecast

2 Likes

Same room booked again for tomorrow 4-7pm

1 Like

@dogenzen @sjcho I will be 30- 40 mins late for this one.i have a commitment ending at 4 sharp. Sorry guys.

i plan to be there.

Will miss the session today. Got hurt a little bit helping a friend move things yesterday. Went to Urgent care and should heal in 2-3 days. Will join you guys next week. Please post any notes or links in this thread based on your discussions.

I am also late on a work assignment that i have to deliver tomorrow and likely miss out the afternoon session today but in case there are some issues with the library room, please update here or call me…

@dogenzen can you tell us the name the room was reserved under?

take care Ramesh

sjsu students can only book for one-hour per day
so it’s in three of the student’s name

1. Komaljeet
  2. Dishant
  3. will have to check

Take care Ramesh…

@ramesh hope to see you Monday. If you need help with catching up let us know.

I booked - Green meadow Room (Upstairs) at Palo Alto City Library - Mitchell Park Branch ( 3700 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA, 94303) for Wednesday Apr’18th from 6:30 - 8:30pm. Most likely we can stay till 9pm. It has white board and large LCD Screen as well.

We could use this time to code up and practice GANs.

Feel free to join. It can seat 12 comfortably and add has room for more chairs. Hope some of you will join. I will need atleast one volunteer to commit fot 6:30pm. They would not give me the room unless we have a minimum of two people. The library has plenty of free parking.

4 Likes

Done.