(Slow) Virtual Study Group: Karachi (Pakistan)

It doesn’t I am not totally green… I know pandas… Numpy… Matplotlib :sweat_smile:… Can do basic regression with Sklearn but but these I started studying around April… So I can always learn more as I progress

1 Like

Nice. I guess you should be mostly ok, then. At least enough to give it a shot? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll wait to see what the others think about the timing / pace etc. @Unplug_Charger

So since I am joining 24days late you can share with me how you guys agreed to structure the six months and what you have covered so far…

We haven’t started anything yet. The other two just wrote / replied yesterday. Also, the latest version of the course hasn’t been released yet (the online version with videos), so we also probably want to wait for that. It will be released in the next week or so. So we’ll be starting from zero / scratch.

That sounds like a great plan. A chapter every week with lots of practice is comfortable enough for me. We should definitely share what we did in terms of applying the lessons from each chapter to understand the chapter more.

1 Like

@sajid22 could you please share a link to the fastai book

1 Like

Ok so to sum up for now: we’ll wait until the video course is released to start formalising this all. Luckily that will be soon.

Once it’s released, we can set up an initial meeting once we’ve all completed the first lesson etc.

Thanks all for responding, and looking forward to studying this material together.

2 Likes

Hello

So when can we start this ?

I guess now :slight_smile:

I guess we can comment here as we’re going through the first lesson. If there are questions or observations etc, we can write them here too. Then once the majority (all?) of us are finished with lesson 1, we can maybe have a call to discuss it?

In particular, though, I’d hope that we can all end up doing the practical project-based work they suggest in each lesson. I’m very curious to see what we all come up with. I’m thinking maybe this takes us somewhere between 1-2 weeks for this first lesson?

So things for our in-person discussions:

• discuss the answers to all the questions in the ‘questionnairre’ section
  • show-and-tell of all our personal projects that we made as suggested in the course
  • any problems or issues where we learned something along the way
  • anything else…

Thats okay with me

and Alex I have some data I am preparing for collaborative filtering problem … transforming it has been a problem because my python is shallow

can I post my notebook here so that you can take a look

1 Like

I’m not that far in the course so not sure what help I can offer, but sure :slight_smile:

https://colab.research.google.com/drive/14GWhqn5MnxWwqeiVKbHhbwDr3FADBIdE?usp=sharing

take a look and see if you can help out

what I am looking for is just to transform the dataset

I’m not sure I fully understand how to make that change in the notebook. I took a brief look just now. It doesn’t really seem to be what’s covered in lesson 1, too, so I don’t have too many ideas on how to work with it. Sorry! Maybe when I know more in a few weeks?

yes, lets meet at the end of this week or probably next? We should communicate with another online platform such as slack.

1 Like

Hey, I am a student of Software Engineering here in Karachi. I would love to join you in this study group. I have just started first chapter. Also, I am just a beginner in Deep Learning.

1 Like

Hi Alex, this is Nayel Hashmi, currently doing my bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering. I would like to join the study group, would really appreciate a productive learning environment as I am new to deep learning.

1 Like

I’m sending out invites to all for the study group slack that I just created. If anyone else wants to join, just send a message here (or in the 2020 thread) and I’ll invite you. Thanks!

1 Like