Platform: Crestle ✅

Hi @miwojc - I looked into the issue and it seems as if you were provisioned with an old version of our environment. Is it okay if I kill your instance and you can start a new one?

@miwojc - Also, you were having an issue with a 30 GB tarfile? Would it be alright if I have you fresh disks (if you have any work saved in your environment, this would likely remove it, so I don’t want to do this lightly).

Yes that will be fine. Thank you.

@miwojc: Please try starting Jupyter again, I think it should work this time. :vulcan_salute: :slight_smile:

1 Like

It works. Thank you!

i was going to to try the /tmp solution but how can i locate the /tmp folder?

@jonathanm

per you suggestion in the email. I re signed up with the old account and also signed up with a new account.

the first two errors are resolved i.e.
1.GPU is now enabled.
2.terminal is responding and I was able to update fastai.

The last error is still not resolved i.e. kernel is not responding its stuck(waited for 10 mins).

please see the error screen.

error_3

I can’t get the http://35.194.23.221:8888/tree?token=blablabla site for the jupyter notebook to load.

Anyone unable to use the new fastai functions like download_images or widgets even after updating the library?

1 Like

@bluesky314 have you update conda in addition to pulling from the git repo? See https://course-v3.fast.ai/update_crestle.html

@andavargas Try logging out and in again and starting a new instance and let me know if that fixes it.

Is crestle free for a couple weeks? How to access free service?

1 Like

Yes it’s free until mid November. Just log in at crestle.ai

1 Like

Hmm, I will take a look at this later tonight, currently in class. I’ve had something similar happen to me in the past and it resolved itself so I would keep trying. Let me know if the issue resolves itself, otherwise expect to hear from me.

@bluesky314 - can you try the instructions as described here again and give it a try? https://course-v3.fast.ai/update_crestle.html

We just saw fast-ai library got updated on conda by fast.ai team - this may resolve the issue you are having.

Still no luck.

Its working! Can I know what GPU we are using and what will be the pricing once the free period is over.

Also full disclaimer, I actually used crestle.com about 6 months back and it was SO unstable, including taking a lot of time to start the server that I left. Hope this is not the case now

So it seems like there is an issue with the firewall specifically in the PG&E building. We’ll look into why this is the case, but for now it should be working once you hop on another wifi network.

Tethering to my phone fixed it.

1 Like

Pricing is $.3 per hour, check that out here. We’ve moved the entire backend over to google cloud (currently using n1-highmem-8 machines) from aws and have a whole group of us devoted to making the platform stable and easy to use =) We’re working out bugs still but your experience shouldn’t be anything like before.