Part 2, 2021 course?

Iā€™m definitely interested in learning about transformers!

1 Like

You may want to check out the d2l.ai book and associated courses; STAT 157 at Berkeley or the CS239p at Stanford.

https://c.d2l.ai/stanford-cs329p/

The book is at https://d2l.ai/ and it has code in mx.net, pytorch and TF2 (the d2l library abstracts over the frameworks I think)

I havenā€™t tried it, so YMMV.

Cheers,

Mike

1 Like

Awesome news!

You can register your interest for the course and get the latest info about it by submitting this form: Expression of Interest - Practical Deep Learning for Coders

4 Likes

This is exciting! Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Looking forward to this!

1 Like

It seems to me the form is for those attending the course in person.

If you want to be invited to attend the live course remotely. Be active in the forum now and contribute. It is OK to answer simple questions to build up your confidential.

Check out the reason behind by scrolling my previous post before and after. :wink:

I hope to see you all in virtual classroom in few weeksā€™ time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really? Thatā€™s not clear from the text in the form. It mentions that ā€œthe course will be offered onsite at the UQ St Lucia campus and streaming onlineā€ and It doesnā€™t say anywhere that only people who would like to attend in person should submit the form. It says "Sign up here to keep in the loop! " so I interpreted that as ā€œweā€™ll send you regular info about the courseā€. The health message below also specifies ā€œKey health messages (for those intending on attending in-person)ā€ so it does seem like people who want to attend online are included.

1 Like

Per Jeremyā€™s posts

6 Likes

Thanks Moody, thatā€™s very helpful.

Itā€™s hard to follow fast.ai across all their communication channels!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all the updates Moody!!
Truly appreciate it.

1 Like

Looking forward to this course and the subsequent part 2.

1 Like

I totally agree! Why arenā€™t anouncements made on the forum? I do not follow twitter. And there is the discord channel as well. I do not see any sense in using all those different mediasā€¦

2 Likes

Save the time if you want to attend the course live.

2 Likes

Is there any information released yet for the remote version like in past years?

Donā€™t want to miss out on Jeremy explaining transformers.

Is there no free online offering this year?

2 Likes

I had signed up for the course news and it seems theyā€™re accepting applications (in-person AND remote). The fee is 575 AUD for standard learners and something called ā€œconcessionā€ is 175 AUD ā€¦ the course will be from 6:00pm to 8:00 pm Australian Eastern Time.

In his tweet Jeremy had mentioned that some info might be posted to the fast.ai forums but I have not seen anything ā€œofficialā€ as of yet.

Since this course is being offered by a third party and not fast.ai per se, Iā€™m not sure if the videos would (at all) be made public like they used to do for the previous years when it was delivered in San Francisco etc.

3 Likes

Jeremy has tweeted that the videos will be made public.

6 Likes

Why TF, you can look at icevision, its a modern CV library build on fastai. Unfortunately fastai lacks modern CV tools to tackle instance segmentation or use modern models.
Or you could learn Pytorch Lightning. Itā€™s not like fastai is the only PyTorch library.

Thereā€™s an extension that does this, SemTorch SemTorch Ā· PyPI

2 Likes

Are there videos available? On the website of the course, I can see only slides