Part 2 (2019) fellowship invitations - and some special thanks

This is great news! :grinning:
Thanks to the entire team for giving us the priviledge to continue learning and, hopefully, contributing to fast.ai!

2 Likes

I’m the sixth (by score) in the entire community. Incredible… People do have much more patience than I expected… :joy: Also, it’s not surprising to find fellas like Radek, Kevin and Ilia at the very top.

Seriously, thanks to everyone, and thanks to the fastai staff for having invited me.

2 Likes

Thank you Jeremy. A little over 2 years ago I couldn’t even write one line of code. Now I am working full-time with a fellow classmate @Ekami to develop solutions using deep learning for detecting skin cancer and colorectal cancer (among other projects). None of this would have been possible if we hadn’t been fortunate enough to take the fastai courses. And I have no doubt that we are just one out of 1000s with similar stories. It is truly an honor and a privilege to continue to be a part of this community. The amount of positive contribution that you and Rachel have provided for democratizing education in this field is truly remarkable and second to none. I simply cannot thank you enough.

28 Likes

Thanks a lot to the whole fastai team for their hard work and and for the invitation as well.

My contribution isn’t much here on DL perspective but yes, I am still learning a lot from other folks here sharing their knowledge and explaining difficult topics in simple words as far as possible :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

4 Likes

What about Beginners? are they not allowed to fellowship of part2 2019 as @jeremy is offering it only to those who are already been in this forum for long time and active. then when would beginners get the chance to access the fellowship. please correct me if i am wrong. i am new to this platform.

Just be patient and read the last paragraph again.
In the meantime, I will recommend you to
1 revisit part 1 (videos and notebooks)
2 get familiar with the library and other useful softwares
3 be active in the forum and try to help others
4 participate in Kaggle competitions
5 do a ML/DL project; and
6 submit a pull request as stretch goal

And then, you will be ready for Part 2. Learn deeper! All the best. :blush:

21 Likes

Thanks for kind words @Moody. I didn’t get invite for part 2 which is my won shortcoming. I’ll certainly participate more in forums & try to help & learn more …will be ready for June :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions @Moody. i will definetly follow them.

Excellent advice Sarada! :smile: Digging into the fastai library and tinkering with it has been the single most useful thing I’ve ever done to improve my programming, particularly as I felt encouraged to do the same for all the other open source libraries I’d taken for granted.

1 Like

Thank you for the invitation :smile:

Super excited to have been selected! Thank you for the kind words Jeremy.

To the fast.ai team and the community, I wanted to drop you a note to express my personal gratitude for the effort and time you put into this. I :blue_heart: this community.

Congrats to those who made it! I am really looking forward to part 2.

5 Likes

omg i missed 2 :broken_heart:
Thanks for @Moody suggestion for the works could be done between now to June.
Gratz to all being invited and thanks for the contributions

May be giving :blue_heart: is also worth to put into consideration as well (data labelling effort => contributes to the y)? Perhaps 10-20 given ~ 1 received?
Just a suggestion…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Missed this. Is there any way for others to join in now? My contribution to forum is not much :frowning:
Determined to find time for forum from now on ahead! :smiley:

@jeremy Given the announcements at the TF dev summit, could we expect to have a fast.ai course made with TF 2.0 and Swift? I would be very interested in that :smiley:

2 Likes

If you missed it: the 1st announcement was Swift 4 TF will be part of the next course. Tune in to @clattner_llvm's talk on the livestream at 12.30p for more. https://t.co/gBzenEOk1E

— Jeremy Howard (@jeremyphoward) March 6, 2019
4 Likes

Thanks, I wasn’t paying attention sorry :slight_smile:

I just saw his tweet and came here to share the news. Time for a crash course in Swift before class starts…

Try the playgrounds from Apple, very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also install swift in jupyter notebook see here. Very useful to play around.
It’s also available in colab.

3 Likes

Will part2 be in swift or in python ?