Part 2 (2019) fellowship invitations - and some special thanks

Super excited to have been selected! Thank you for the kind words Jeremy.

To the fast.ai team and the community, I wanted to drop you a note to express my personal gratitude for the effort and time you put into this. I :blue_heart: this community.

Congrats to those who made it! I am really looking forward to part 2.

5 Likes

omg i missed 2 :broken_heart:
Thanks for @Moody suggestion for the works could be done between now to June.
Gratz to all being invited and thanks for the contributions

May be giving :blue_heart: is also worth to put into consideration as well (data labelling effort => contributes to the y)? Perhaps 10-20 given ~ 1 received?
Just a suggestion…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Missed this. Is there any way for others to join in now? My contribution to forum is not much :frowning:
Determined to find time for forum from now on ahead! :smiley:

@jeremy Given the announcements at the TF dev summit, could we expect to have a fast.ai course made with TF 2.0 and Swift? I would be very interested in that :smiley:

2 Likes

If you missed it: the 1st announcement was Swift 4 TF will be part of the next course. Tune in to @clattner_llvm's talk on the livestream at 12.30p for more. https://t.co/gBzenEOk1E

— Jeremy Howard (@jeremyphoward) March 6, 2019
4 Likes

Thanks, I wasn’t paying attention sorry :slight_smile:

I just saw his tweet and came here to share the news. Time for a crash course in Swift before class starts…

Try the playgrounds from Apple, very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also install swift in jupyter notebook see here. Very useful to play around.
It’s also available in colab.

3 Likes

Will part2 be in swift or in python ?

It will be in Python except for a couple of lectures which will introduce Swift.

Python and PyTorch will be the main focus for development while Swift is being explored and researched.

Read this article for more info:

https://www.fast.ai/2019/03/06/fastai-swift/

2 Likes

Wait, what! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes! A book on fast.ai is an exciting news. It helps fastai library in reaching out to more people and also a book on Deep Learning with Jeremy’s way of teaching will make it easy to get started with DL. I hope we will get more updates on this soon.

If I may ask, @jeremy how are you determining if we are part of an under-represented group? I ask because I don’t recall declaring or noting that when I joined the forum. Apologies if I missed something here.

1 Like

Jeremy,

If we recently hit the ten likes after this post was made can we still take part?

Zach

3 Likes

I’m glad part 2 is being announced and a huge thanks to the whole team for all your efforts. But still a little bit sad I missed it, guess I have to wait now :frowning:

Maybe for the next time, it would be worth not only to consider the forum contributions but also contributions towards the fastai library like pull requests or bug reports. But of course that might be hard to measure.

1 Like

Hey,
Thank you very much for all your investment!
I recently opened a weekly learning group in my city, reached 10 likes and even bit a NLP benchmark on my language using fastai. I would be very happy if I could be invited to part 2. Thank you!

Shame a contribution to the fastai library doesn’t get me there :frowning:

1 Like

I am so happy that the second part is eventually coming!
And all of us who were not invited at that early stage will be able to join in soon when everything were ready and prepared, and to learn all those wonderful things pretty soon!

Frankly speaking I’m waiting for it like for a present from under The Christmas Tree :star_struck:

It would be nice though to know how it is going on and what are the first impressions…
So maybe we can start a new topic, gossiping about the Second Part?

After going through Part1 (2019), very much excited about Part2(2019). Any Tentative date for Part2 live?

8 Likes