Part 1, online study group

I would love to join too!

1 Like

i would love to join too! send me the slack group inivtation and i would love to be part of discussions and am beginner to this it will be agreat help for me and useful insightfulness to the subject

1 Like

Hi,
I would like to join this meetup, please send me invitation.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™d love to join also. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello! I would like to participate as well. Thanks!

1 Like

I would also like to participate.

1 Like

Hi,I would like to join as well

1 Like

Hi there! I would love to join as well!

1 Like

can you please invite me too?

1 Like

Hi Shahnoza,

Can you please invite me for this group I have just started Part 1 of this course.

1 Like

Could I please join as well?

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m new to the course hereā€¦and could definitely use a hand.I would like to join. Thanks!

1 Like

One thing to consider is using a forum topic instead of a Slack group. That way everyone can participate directly without having to request an invite, and youā€™ll get full permanent searchable archival of your group discussions. Forum topics provide real-time replies just like Slack.

Totally up to you of course - just mentioning it in case you hadnā€™t considered it as an option.

4 Likes

Thanks, Jeremy, I understand that posted discussions can benefit more people in the forums. We were having a weekly online meetup every Saturday at 3 PM GMT via zoom and some discussions around the projects within slack. So I will post the zoom link here and everyone is very welcome to the meetup and beginner-friendly discussions of the lessons :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

#meetup_notes

We had our 3rd meetup last Saturday with @gagan and
@rugan01 ! Bala finished Lesson 1, Gagan Lesson 4 and I am in Lesson 2. We talked about how to switch from CPU to GPU in Google Collab, define own accuracy metrics, Unet learner, image segmentation, Resnet architecture, one cycle learn policy and learning rate finder functions, deployment on render, balancing theory and practice in DL. I have been in the interview for Data Scientist position and shared my experience and questions they asked me.

We agreed to work on Kaggle challenge this week: Kannada MNIST. (https://www.kaggle.com/c/Kannada-MNIST). It is a challenge for beginners and seems approachable with knowledge from Lesson 1 and 2. If you have never been in Kaggle, this little course will help you to get started: https://www.kaggle.com/learn/intro-to-machine-learning.

The next meetup we will focus on Lessons 1/2, 3, 4 and share our work on Kannada MNIST challenge. If you havenā€™t joined yet, feel free to join coming Saturday. You will not be late and we will cover older lessons as usual.

The next meetup is scheduled on 30th of November, coming Saturday.
Topic: FastAI Study Group: Meetup #4
Time: Nov 30, 2019 03:00 PM GMT
Duration: 1.5 hours
Agenda:

• Meet and greet
  • Discussion of our progress with Kannada MNIST
  • Lessonsā€™ projects presentation
  • Lesson 1/2, 3, 4 discussion (troubles and wins, main leanings)
  • Chit chat

Join Zoom Meeting

PS. If you are in the Lesson 1 or donā€™t have a project yet, no worries. Just ask a lot of questions during the meetup so you can head start with fast.ai classes.:smiley: We will discuss older lessons again in future meetups.

Thanks @shahnoza. Iā€™ve added that info to the top post so people have an easy way to see when the next meetup is. Hope thatā€™s OK. Itā€™s a wiki post so anyone involved can easily keep it up to date.

2 Likes

Hi @shahnoza,
Would you mind to invite me ? I would like to participate.
Thank you

1 Like

Would love to participate as well!

1 Like

Would love to participate as well!

1 Like