Paperspace setup help

Thank you so much Sriharsha, I had the same problem as Alex R and this did work for me. If you get the following error:

bind: Permission denied
channel_setup_fwd_listener_tcpip: cannot listen to port: 8888
Could not request local forwarding.

while using Windows to SSH to your paperspace IP using the command:

“ssh -N -L localhost:8888:localhost:8889 paperspace@yourPaperspaceIP”

then the solution is to change port number from 8888 to 8080 so the new command is:

“ssh -N -L localhost:8080:localhost:8889 paperspace@64.71.136.16

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Total rookie here. I ran lesson1.jpynb and messed some things up. I’d like to run through it again.
When I delete and create a new notebook, I always get a lesson1 that has my mess, rather than a new version. PaperSpace uses persistent storage and I can’t figure out how to delete the old results from the earlier run.
Help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Send $10 to u: promo code : 731IAOI
url: https://www.paperspace.com/&R=731IAOI

$10 promo code: https://www.paperspace.com/&R=26QJGSQ

Hello I executed the command: curl http://files.fast.ai/setup/paperspace | bash
And a few minutes later I got this error:

Errors were encountered while processing:
/tmp/apt-dpkg-install-6TPXi2/115-nvidia-410_410.79-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I’m using paperspace with Ubuntu 18.04

I hope you can help me.
Thank you.

I do not get the data after putting password?I tried west cost and east cost machine (I have two machine now, I will delete one after I get all setup right and complete, thank you)

Hello all
Hello @jeremy
I tried to run the lesson3-imdb.ipynb on paperspace and when I used the "path = untar_data(URLs.IMDB); path.ls() " and these resulted:
“[PosixPath(’/notebooks/course-v3/nbs/dl1/data/imdb/unsup’),
PosixPath(’/notebooks/course-v3/nbs/dl1/data/imdb/data_lm.pkl’),
PosixPath(’/notebooks/course-v3/nbs/dl1/data/imdb/README’),
PosixPath(’/notebooks/course-v3/nbs/dl1/data/imdb/tmp_clas’),
PosixPath(’/notebooks/course-v3/nbs/dl1/data/imdb/test’),
PosixPath(’/notebooks/course-v3/nbs/dl1/data/imdb/models’)]”

i noticed that the ‘train’ folder was conspicuously missing. I tried updating the ‘fastai’ libraries on the terminal several times but it always got the same results. Everything worked fine on colab except that colab was slow in training that was why I transferred to paperspace. Can someone help with this soonest? thanks.

@jeremy

You mentioned in the workshop video (the part where you set up paperspace) that you’ll show us a way to use paperspace without a public IP. I’m not sure where that part is. Can you direct me to it? Or is a public IP required (for the SSH part of the workshop video)

This should give you an extra $10 when you sign up with paperspace:
RA5WLNN

Hey what is the issue you face originally?

I am facing the same issue and I am typing in the command. I have been searching the forums for a relevant solution but still haven’t found one, would really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

This is the output I get when I try to run the command -
curl http://files.fast.ai/setup/paperspace | bash

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 1944 100 1944 0 0 4448 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 4458

• DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
  • sudo rm ‘/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/.
    rm: cannot remove ‘/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/.’: No such file or directory

I’m using paperspace as my cloud gpu provider. I’ve never had to use a script to get anything setup. When creating my paperspace machine I select the fastai template so that everything is already good to go (I think, it’s been a while).

If you’re asking about the copy-paste issue, you have to use ctrl-shift-v to paste to the paperspace clipboard.

Hi Sanjaya,

Thanks for responding.

I am using ctrl-shift-v to copy paste, but still get this error. I found that many people had this issue but there is no definitive solution that I was able to find.

I have already taken a P4000 GPU with Ubuntu 16.04 similar to what was mentioned in the first session.

regards,
Madhura

@dkobran @dillon Hi, can you please approve my request for an Europe P5000 fast.ai machine? My email address is mohammad.hashemi.1999.78@gmail.com Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @MohammadHsH the easiest way to do this is just to request access in the console. The Support team should promptly approve new accounts. I enabled everything for you though. Cheers!

Hi,
How do I install opencv in paperspace gradient?
I cloned the repo, did pip install opencv-python but when I import cv2 i get the error:

ImportError: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for the great course.

Very basic question about usage of paperspace.

The UI for paperspace differs from that of shown in tutorial for setting up “Gradient” Paperspace Gradient | Practical Deep Learning for Coders.

So, Terminal appears as a tab and selecting it asks me to choose a paid plan and free plan does not seem to allow usage of Terminal as mentioned in above “Start Gradient” link.

Amy I right? Am I missing something and using wrong place to open terminal? Sorry for such a basic question. The confusion is due to document saying its “Free plan”

Screenshots attached, thanks

Then you do not need to create the Gradient notebook? Just the machine creation for fastai is enough? I am not sure why, but, I am finding it very hard to even setup the Paperspace. On the website the setup is about creating Gradient notebook, but in one of the initial course videos he explains about creating the Core machine. I am definitely missing something here