Paperspace setup help

The best it would be to contact their support directly.

1 Like

I am having the same error as well. If anyone has figured out a solution to this, please let me know!

The “fast.ai Public Template” was unavailable to me when I set up my machine, which is why I am having to do this installation now.

I still have the same issue. Any solution to solve it?

I just started with paperspace now. I find for west coast region, there is currently no public ip available. for east coast region, i need request and wait for approval ( following reshama’s instructions )

And the FASTAI15 code has expired. The code in reshama’s post is still valid.

Hope it will get approved soon.

Is there any option to setup locally for this course? I have ubuntu 16.04 but don’t have GPU.

i have same problem with east coast option.

Hi, Thanks a lot! this seems a great option! I have tried create machine but need get approval.

For notebook, how is it charged?

Frank

@dkobran can you please activate my account for fast.ai terminal, my email id is nb1739@it.jgec.ac.in Thank You

You’re all set.

1 Like

Thank You So Much :slight_smile:

When I apply, FASTAI15, it says promo code expired. Any other code for $15?

Here, have a referral code: UWQMTGL

Hi
I didn’t expect the big headache with paperspace. I have chosen the paperspace per recommendation. Finally figured out that the current choice is to choose vm in east region ( west region run out of public ip ). And I have to request for linux or fast.ai template. After two days, my linux 16.04 get approved.

I followed instructions (old one, since I am not using the fast.ai template) to setup anaconda and jupyter notebook.

While I setup the jupyter notebook, I just couldn’t remotely access the notebook, authentication always fail. I have followed the instruction on jupyter notebook server setup literally. And I have previously setup a notebook on my own Ubuntu 16.04 without any issue, but the juytper notebook on paperspace just dont allow me to connect.

I have opened a ticket on paperspace .

i have spent hours on this. Does anyone have the same issue? So frustrated.

frank

@fzhcary Sorry for the trouble. We are recommending people use Gradient Notebooks to minimize some of the VM management issues. https://www.paperspace.com/console/notebooks

Just select the Fast.ai container and choose a GPU type. That’s the entire setup process.

Back in January 2018 - I followed the directions to create and set up a machine. When setting my machine up all I got was a spinning wheel. After 20 mins of the spinning wheel I gave up and wrote them there was some thing wrong. There was an instruction in their support page to notify them if the machine didn’t provision within 10 minutes. They have no online support or phone to call. After writing to support to tell them the machine never provisioned I left the site and did not return.

A month later I find a charge for over $500! It never started and I had no clue that it was running - it started up after I left. Even though I wrote them to let them know the provisioning failed. - They refuse to refund this charge.

I am filing a complaint with the federal trade commission and encourage your users to work with a different company.

/solved, got rid of “| bash”

Same!! anybody found a solution for this? Thanks

For me it is my bank card that is rejected on the site, while it works perfectly on other sites…
I think it may be that it is a french and not a US bank card.
i just submitted a ticket on their website.

Anyone else having a similar problem ?

yeay, working !
I had a vpn : do not try to add a banking card when your vpn is active, they’ll reject it.

Everything else worked, with a notebook gradient.

I’d like to 3rd this. Have so far payed for the access to a machine that is hard to troubleshoot.

oh dear! Mine did just say it was on after the provisioning completed… So I went ahead and clicked the shutdown button. So it seems it will bill if turned on even if no SSH connection? Makes sense I guess, since it could still be working. This was like my nightmare when I had the expensive $10/hr amazon EC2 machines running!

I’ve experienced the same issues. Incredibly frustrating. I’ve wasted way too many hours trying to get Paperspace setup. I can’t believe Fast.ai recommends this service. Pure junk. Switching back to AWS.