Official project group thread

One more interesting thing on COVID-19:

This is a map of flu-like symptoms that is anomalous for the time and location, so it might be an indicator for an area particularly hit by COVID. This is similar to what @jeremy showed during his talk, but it’s new.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, the fact florida is so red is extremely terrifying for me. (I’m up on the panhandle so it’s not as bad there but it compared with the rest of the US, though probably due to lack of data?)

FYI, this was done with XGBoost. If people wanted to look at it, you can setup the data in TabularPandas (if the dataset is public)

I @ jeremy on twitter so I know he’ll find this post too

1 Like

Hey Zach @muellerzr! Hope you are doing well. Did you share yesterday’s zoom call recorded video somewhere ? Sorry – didn’t see the link here.
Also, we were discussing in our meeting at the SF-Bay area study group yesterday – many of us have full time day jobs. So might not be available during the 10AM-3PM slot jeremy mentioned, It will be super helpful if someone can record and share the zoom calls. Like yesterday’s intuition from zach, sylvain and others would be very useful to many of us!

2 Likes

It should be in the non-beginners section :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everybody, Thanks for creating the group.
Hi everyone,
I tried to use the below dataset to create a tabular model,

kaggle.com

Novel Corona Virus 2019 Dataset

Day level information on covid-19 affected cases

and I’m having trouble understanding the data.
It has 3 separate time series data for ‘recovered’ , ‘infected’ and ‘dead’ and an overall summary data.
How do I combine these time series data to predict the fields in the summary data for the next month or so?
Please help me out.

Thanks,

@Jeremy Update on Zoom: We figured out to host situation for the call: in case the host quits, the call ends but everyone can join back almost after it ends.

I believe we also have a 24 hour limit, the call ends at 9:30 AM PT everyday but we’re again able to join back-this time we don’t have any hosts even if earlier there was an appointed one.

3 Likes

The host can also elect somebody else as the host before disconnecting. That way the call does not drop.

To do that, go to the list of connected people, select the one you want to become the host, click on the 3 dots to the right and select “make host”.

1 Like

I really much enjoy the Zoom project group room. However I find it hard not to miss interesting discussions. I have joined in a few times right in the middle of an interesting code walkthrough from @muellerzr.
The Zoom API has webhooks, specifically it has a “Meeting Sharing Started”
When you subscribe to that event, anytime someone shares his screen in the Zoom room a JSON payload is sent with the user name of the person sharing his screen.
It would be easy to so a quick Project group status dashboard with live updates anytime someone shares his screen. And/or automatically post in the forum in this thread with the username of the person sharing their screen using the discourse API.
Any interest in doing this ?

9 Likes

That would be great! And I completely agree-I have the time to hangout in the calls all of the time still I miss many fun things.

Meanwhile, we’re trying our best to record the discussions and have them uploaded ASAP in videos (unlisted) for anyone who might miss them.

3 Likes

How do we know where these are uploaded?

We would just need whoever has access to that Zoom account to create an app at https://marketplace.zoom.us/ with the webhook we are interested in and provide an endpoint URL for the data. I have some servers where I could host this but probably better to have it on a fast.ai URL.

The only one I know of is here: https://youtu.be/uwmwWGJfA84
It is a lesson 1 code review by @muellerzr

3 Likes

@jeremy (to bring this to your attention, but unsure on the exact overhead and may be too much for you I’m unsure :slight_smile: )

The ones related to this study group are at the top. Otherwise in the Non-beginner there is a non-beginner recordings/discussion thread with links Apologies, totally wrong thread here. @init_27 is on it :slight_smile:

I’ll add the meta-thread links in Top Wiki

2 Likes

amazing idea

Awesome. Thank @init_27

I’ll be on the zoom for the next 90 mins, and also 1-3p pacific today.

2 Likes

Is there a way to add your (mine in this case) student project here?

Also, would be happy to support all COVID19 projects in their deployment…

2 Likes

I’ll be on Zoom 2p-3p today (pacific), depending on whether my previous meeting finishes in time.

4 Likes