New York study group

@wdhorton Will there be a livestream for your fans from overseas? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about livestream but I’m going to try to record so I can share after!

2 Likes

Do you have a new link? That one expired.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share what you learned and accomplished last night. Very much enjoyed it and learned quite a bit! Thanks again!

Just posted the video of my talk from the NYC PyTorch meetup https://twitter.com/hortonhearsafoo/status/1099811871861952512

4 Likes

Hello, I just started a topic on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers + participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great meetup today with Sylvain presenting the infinitely customizable training loop of fastai. I’m much better informed about the structure and power of the callback subsystem of fastai. Huge thanks to @alexrigler and @ceceshao1 for organizing and hosting. I’m looking forward to sharing the video with colleagues who couldn’t make it today.

4 Likes

Thanks for putting this together @pierreguillou, we’re hosting some PyTorch and fastai events here in NYC and I’m sure this will prove useful. I’ll dedicate some time to this soon.

1 Like

Thanks @alexrigler. If you can read, comment and improve the Google Doc next week, it would be great :slight_smile: I would like to end up before the end of the month with a consolidated version 1.

Link to the Fastai Study Group Guide in this post. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @paul, it was a pleasure getting people together for it. I only wish I took some notes as Sylvain covered so many useful topics. Thankfully @ceceshao1 is working on uploading the video shortly.

2 Likes

And the video is UP!

Here’s the link to view: https://youtu.be/roc-dOSeehM?t=1

Was a pleasure hosting with @alexrigler and seeing friendly faces in the crowd (you know who you are :sunglasses:)

2 Likes