New York study group

Hi!
Let’s organize next week’s study group here!
Any news from Galvanize? Otherwise I could try an see if my co-working space New Lab could accommodate. Only issue is that it’s in Brooklyn (at the Navy Yard).

What do you think ?

2 Likes

Pinging @gsg @rsr2425 @chloews @mmrshll @wdhorton @sgugger @reshama @knguyen @akschougule !

Hello, What’s the closest subway station, and how long is the walk from station to building?

Hi, there’s a couple options - they’re all listed here

@wdhorton Any update on Galvanize? I think that’s easier for more folks to get to.

@henripal I used to live in Fort Greene, right on DeKalb Ave, and I love that neighborhood. I’m not strictly opposed to going to Brooklyn. But Manhattan, I think, would be easier for more people. 20 minutes is a long walk (only saying that because of recent ankle surgery) and the bus adds another layer of complication.

P.S. I am coming from W 145th St (and 8th Ave), up in West Harlem.

cc: @npatta01

2 Likes

Agreed - Galvanize or sth else in Manhattan would be better. Just offering in case nothing else pans out!

@henripal Yes, I think we are OK with the space in Galvanize for the 22.
They told me it can hold 25 people…

2 Likes

Wonderful! Thanks for setting that up!

That’s great! I’m excited to have so many people doing fastai in NYC this time around

Lets see how many people do show up… :slight_smile:
If you are planing to come on Oct 22 to the live session at Galvanize, please reply with an ack here…
NB: The place can hold only 25…

2 Likes

I’ll be there Oct. 22nd!

I’ll be there!

I’ll be there

I will be there. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

i will be there

1 Like

Will be there.

2 Likes

I’ll be there!

1 Like

I’ll be there!

Hi guys, I’m from Buffalo, NY. Any chance for a skype session?

Sounds good. Is this the 9:30pm session?