New Study Group Formation

I am in the process of making a study group compromising of anyone wanting to start from scratch in learning the principles of the fast.ai curriculum. I live in the US on the Central Standard Time Zone. I didn’t have a laptop for the past 4 months and wasn’t able to make any progress with the fast.ai curriculum since then. I was going through the course alone for a while but now I hope to find partners to study with. This is because I’m a firm believer that doings things together is much more productive than trying to handle things alone.(S/O to @bbrown for making such an excellent study group)

I left off on Lesson 4 before my laptop broke but I am willing to start on Lesson 1 again for the sake of the group. So that no one feels left out and and so that we can help each other moving forward. I plan to use discord as a means of meeting up and communicating. I want to know if anybody is up for it before really finalizing things.

I want to host a meeting this Saturday at 8:30pm CST, let me know if any of you guys would be interested.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
-Obi

1 Like

Hello Obi,

Were you able to get a group started? I am interested. I also saw one posted for 2023: 2023 Study group. If you have not started yet, maybe the two potential groups can join together?

Hello,
I am also starting now and am keen on a study group. Let me know what you all think.

Best,
M

In the Eastern Time Zone (ET) I can meet:

Saturday from Noon to 10 pm

I can also meet:

Monday between 2:30 pm and 4:45 pm
Tuesday between 1 pm and 4:30 pm
Wednesday between 2:30 pm and 9:30 pm
Thursday between 2:30 and 5 pm
Friday between 2:30 and 9:30 pm

I can meet at 9:30pm (ET) Saturdays which is 8:30pm CST.

No I actually haven’t started a group yet since no one has reached out until now. I’ve been going through the notebooks and lectures at my own steady rate. Thank you for letting me know of your interest, I greatly appreciate that. And thank you also for bringing @Pudding 's post to my attention. I’ll be looking forward as to what will happen with the group formation. Since we’re pretty much on the same page, I’m sure something will easily be worked out.

I am also seeking a study group. I am in Ireland, 5 hours ahead of EST. I am highly flexible as to meeting time, and I can attend whenever is convenient for the group.

I like that time alot. But I think because most of our friends are in much farther time zones from us that the best time to get everyone included in would have to be early Saturday. I’m thinking more of noon(12 pm) for you and 11am for me. How does that sound?

Hey guys,

I’ll be sending everyone here a message with my discord info so that we can communicate much easier on there. So check your inboxes to see if you got my message. Also let me know if you don’t have a Discord.

Hey I just sent you a discord message. I also agree that Saturday is probably the most convenient as far as including as many as possible but I am also highly flexible. Do we want to start a discord group?

Hi @Obi_Sama ! I’d like to join. Can you send the discord info?

Hey mcat. Yeah Saturday just seems like it’d be the best day for all of us right now when you consider our time zones. I am also highly flexible at the current moment so we’ll still see what could happen. And yeah I think a discord group would be the most convenient way for us to communicate and get things done.

Thanks for the message, and yes I already made a Discord group.

Hey @teacherc . Yes I sent you the info via messages. Let me know if you got it.

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

Hello I would be interested in being a part of this :slight_smile:

I’d be interested to join the Discord group too.

Hey Ezra,

I sent you the discord invite link via messaging. Let me know if you got it.

Hey @kir0ul ,

I sent you the discord invite link via messages. Check your inbox and let me know if you got it.

1 Like

Hey! I want to join as well.