Lesson transcriptions (2020) - help wanted

I feel super embarrassed of just saying nice words and not doing anything, Iā€™ll take up a few sections from lesson 4 over this weekend :tea:

@transcribe-1v4 thank you SOOO much everyone for keeping this going while Iā€™ve been distracted by this masks thing! Especially thanks to @hiromi for stepping up and organizing things.

Iā€™ve split lesson 4 (week 5) into 24 equally sized sections, but havenā€™t assigned them to people - hoping that @hiromi or someone else here might be able to help organize things from hereā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just uploaded the lesson 3 transcript to youtube - itā€™ll take a few hours to be available.

Please ping me when lesson 5 (week 4) is ready and Iā€™ll get that uploaded too.

3 Likes

Sure can. I see @Albertotono is working on the first few sections already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t see the document for lesson 4 week 5? and hiromi, thanks for the great notes from previous lessons.

1 Like

They usually get posted https://forums.fast.ai/t/official-part-1-2020-updates-and-resources-thread/63376

But here are the links to the docs :slight_smile:
L4 transcript
L5 transcript

2 Likes

I just did an unfortunate but realistic reassessment of my time management and donā€™t think I can reliably help transcribe. I just removed my name from the volunteer list :frowning:

2 Likes

How can I add my name to the volunteer list? I posted a message over a week ago with no response. Do you just add your name somewhere yourself?

Oh no! Sorry. I must have missed it. The list of the volunteer names are the top post of this thread (https://forums.fast.ai/t/lesson-transcriptions-2020-help-wanted/62446) which is a wiki post that you can add :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, Stupid question: I see some people have made a few words bold-does YouTube render Bold captions? I havenā€™t seen them yet.

If not, maybe we should use asterisks around the word to show the same?

Ex: ** important term **

1 Like

I believe, thereā€™s no formatting in the YouTube subtitles. Thereā€™s a post from Jeremy above that says that: https://forums.fast.ai/t/lesson-transcriptions-2020-help-wanted/62446/32?u=gautam_e

1 Like

We just have 6 sections remaining for Lecture 4 that are up for grabs :nerd_face:

[1:22:38]
[1:28:22]
[1:33:18]
[1:37:24]
[1:41:47]
[1:46:30]

Edit: All of lesson 4 is complete!

Next, if youā€™d like to contribute, we have a few sections in lesson 5 that are yet to be done

2 Likes

Iā€™ll pick up some of them now.
Edit: looks like @SOVIETIC-BOSS88 picked up all the remaining ones.
Iā€™ll just join in the next lecture then.
Thanks

:grinning: Hi, donā€™t worry, if you still want we can split the remaining ones. Iā€™ll pick up the upper 3.

1 Like

@SOVIETIC-BOSS88
Okay, Iā€™ll pick the ones starting from 1:37:24 then.

Awesome :+1:

Wohooo! The last section remaining will soon be completed by @jona :grinning:

This is amazing, Weā€™re almost done w lesson 4! Thanks everyone! :smiley:

It was done yesterday. Have you refreshed the table of contents recently?

1 Like

Oh, sorry-I was looking at the index instead of the paragraph. Thank you!

@Jeremy Lesson 4 is done, ready for upload

All thanks and shoutout to the amazing folks: :pray:

(username | sections done)
@Albertotono 3
@init_27 8
@gautam_e 3
@SOVIETIC-BOSS88 4
@AndreaPi
@jona
@butchland 3
@lin.crampton 2

4 Likes