Lesson 1 official topic

I am starting the course in April 2024. I am facing lots of errors due to deprecated/not working code in the kaggle notebooks. Also there are even may differences between the code mentioned in the beginning of the video - the presentation part before talking about how to use the notebooks - and the code in the notebooks on kaggle!
Somehow, I managed to get the code to work by mixing both the updated and non updated version. But I think it may be confusing, very difficult and disappointing for others!
So, I would like to contribute about that and I wonder is the the right place to report these issues in details.

Kind Regards.

Option 1 works well. Very simple to address.

Can you share the notebook with the fix? I can’t seem to get it working

I implemented option 1 originally mentioned here: Lesson 1 official topic - #608 by SergeyF

However I have received the following error

After failing to implement Option 1, I implemented Option 2 and also received an error. Any ideas how this can be resolved?

Hi Muhammad – did you also get this error from the very first piece of code?

Code snippet:

learn = vision_learner(dls, resnet34, metrics=error_rate)
learn.fine_tune(1)

Error / warning:

/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/multiprocessing/popen_fork.py:66: RuntimeWarning: os.fork() was called. os.fork() is incompatible with multithreaded code, and JAX is multithreaded, so this will likely lead to a deadlock.
self.pid = os.fork()

And it takes ages for the code to run.

Best,

BY