Introduce yourself here!

Hello Everyone! :wave:

I am Vishal. I am currently working as a Software Developer in New York city. I have been in field of ML/DL over a year. I have completed Andrew Ngā€™s course and a couple of Udacity Nanodegrees.

I am really excited to start the fast.ai course and I a looking forward to the learning experience. A big shout out to @jeremy and @rachel for putting these courses together.

Howdy!

Iā€™m Melissa, and Iā€™ve been lurking in the Fastai stuff for a few months. I have a background in the fields of computer science, cognitive science, and communications disorders. I recently got my Ph.D. in ā€˜Communication Sciences and Disordersā€™ and work as a Speech-Language Pathologist in an Elementary School.

Iā€™m fascinated by deep learning, and want to learn the skills to be able to compete in Kaggle competitions!

I really appreciate this community, and the resources it provides for learning deep learning.

Welcome! :raised_hands:

Out of curiosity how did you like those Udacity nano degrees?

Hey @novarac23

The nano degrees were pretty good. I did the Deep Learning and Self Driving Car nano degrees. They involve coding assignments/projects and are very hands on. It was a helpful introduction for me into Deep Learning. Also these are paid courses and the projects are time bound so it gives that extra motivation to complete them on time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everybody,

My name is Lloyd and Iā€™ve just started taking the course!

Iā€™m currently CTO at Backlinko, an SEO training company. My university degree is Computer Science (Hons), where we touched on neutral networks (but they were very primitive compared to today).

Iā€™ve just finished lesson one, and Iā€™m excited to get stuck in to the rest of the course.

Cheers :+1:

Hi all :slight_smile:

My name is Michael, so far Iā€™ve finished lessons 1+2, really excited so far! Iā€™ve been interested in ML & DL for the past 1.5 years, during this time Iā€™ve completed a couple of ML courses, a few python courses and tried to keep up with the best minds and recent advancements by listening to podcasts and reading related news.

Currently, Iā€™m living in Haifa, Israel, and working as a product manager at a start-up. Glad to be part of the community! :rocket:

Hi all, Milad Dakka here.

I have had a lifelong obsession with mathematics, algorithms and science. My journey up until now has taken me through a PhD in experimental and theoretical physics, including studying optics and light-matter interactions and teaching mathematics at university. About 2 years ago, I decided to pivot into ML by learning Python and delving into deep learning and computer vision. Fast AI was recommended to me as a great way to gain a strong foundation in state-of-the-art DL methods and terminology.

So far, my passion for this subject outweighs my experience, but I am very excited to apply DL both professionally and as a hobby for some interesting ideas I wish to explore moving forward, including audio/sound recognition, weather forecasting, and solving complex differential equations using DL.

Hi
Iā€™m Sahar Eissa and Iā€™m new here! Iā€™m a Ph.D. student in Text & Technology program at

Hi all,
Iā€™m Jorge and I work full time as a clinical pharmacist and work on the side in iOS game development (Swift) with 5 games and 4 sticker apps released on the Apple app store for iPhone/Ipad/Watch. Iā€™m just starting lesson 7 and found this course amazing and packed full of insightful information into every lecture.

My goals are to become proficient in ML to build the tools/models for my iOS projects(games/healthcare/other projects), to get them into production, and to contribute to the Fast.ai community. Also super excited to see Fast.ai working on Swift for Tensorflow and looking forward to reach those lectures on Part 2 of the course.

Thanks!
Jorge

https://www.starlightdreamstudio.com

big fan of yours <3

Hello there,
Iā€™m Rasti, 18, from Iraqi-kurdistan, this is my first time here, itā€™s been around 10 days since I started this amazing journey and already finished lesson 1, so far enjoying it a lot! I tend to be more interested in NLP than other subfield so far but Iā€™m not certain tho lol. Iā€™m quite interested in joining a study group but it doesnā€™t seem like anyone from my country is here, however, Iā€™m interested in joining other study groups but not sure how (?) btw Iā€™m in UTC+3.

1 Like

I just finished watching lecture 4 and part of lecture 5 on Course.fast.ai. My time in front of a computer is limited outside of work, so it would be nice to be in a group so I can push myself.

I just got done building a PC with a GPU (1060 GTX) so I can run some DL. Currently, it has Windows 10 pro and I was able to set up the Jupyter notebooks for the class using the windows 10 for fast.ai guide here: Windows 10 install guide for fastai v3

My education is as a physicist but my day job is a control systems engineer. Iā€™ve got a few specific domains Iā€™m interested in applying DL too.

Iā€™m curious if the next version of the course is coming soon, but Iā€™m still going to work through this version in the meantime.

I have used Mathematica a lot in the past and done computationally intensive work in the past as well, so what Iā€™m hearing here is making a lot of sense so far. Iā€™m very interested in rebooting my career with this ā€˜newā€™ skillset.

HERE I AM WORLD!!
okā€¦ enough jokingā€¦
i have been writing software of sorts since bronx science in the early 1980s
its in my blood along with other thingsā€¦
dabbled in AI in the early days when you had to write it all yourself and it was a ugly bear
now that fastai is out, and i recently lost my last gig of 15 yearsā€¦
i have some time to play/learn and been using the tabular net, and hope to move on

the only problem i have now is using the code in non jupyter software
and using the trained network AFTER your done doing all the work!!!
i have searched and searched for hours and cant find a simple tutorial or such as how to take the finished save network and incorporate it into a program to useā€¦

anywayā€¦ i am doing quite well, and will keep learning and expanding!!!

1 Like

Hi,
Iā€™m Parisa Khania, an undergrad CS student at Amirkabir Uni. Tehran, Iran.
Iā€™ve done a few small projects with Keras before but it was kind of a pain :sweat_smile:
While watching the conference about DeCrappifying and listening to Uri Manor, I felt the need to work on superresolution in bioinformatics. So here I Am :metal:t4:

2 Likes

HI, I am Hemant and I want to learn deep learning with hands on coding. My interest is in time series analysis.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!
I am Saumil Agarwal, a Computer Science undergraduate student.I had started machine learning with MOOCs at coursera and deep learning.ai . Having watched the first lesson of the Fastai Part1 course I had an idea of implementing a fruit/vegetable quality detector.

Hello World! I am perry. I was introduced to ML/DL through Andrew Ngā€™s MOOC a few years back. Now that I am under COVID-19 lock down, what better way to refresh and enhance my meager ML/DL knowledge than to splurge on FastAI lessons. Huge thanks to @jeremy and @rachel. Hoping to use the skills on projects that will benefit society.

Cheers!

Hi Dr. Hawley, I am Jeremiah with AllTheWord.org and Wycliffe Bible Translator. ATW is working on a rule-based machine translation/text-generator for Bible Translation of low resource languages of small language groups. I am also interest in machine exegesis. I am also interested to learn more about AI/technology and ethics, especially from the contextualized Chinese Theological perspective.

1 Like

My name is Jonathan Perry. I live in Houston, Texas and currently work in Medical Device Sales.

My background however is in Informatics in neuro-imaging, and I am hoping to return to this field.

I love fast.ai as it has really brought the concepts into a much more simplified realm.

1 Like

Hi Ken

Does this help
https://reshamas.github.io/deploying-deep-learning-models-on-web-and-mobile/

Regards Conwyn