Introduce yourself here!

Hi everyone! I’m currently finishing my PhD in Algebraic Geometry and I would like to learn about fastai and deep learning. Do you know if the videos of the course v4 are available yet? Because I’ve found out that the notebooks are already available on Gradient.
Bests,
Natascia.

1 Like

Welcome @nzangani! Course v4 will be available in summer, around June/July (same time frame as their book)

1 Like

Hi @paidion! Sorry for the late reply, I have not been checking the FastAI forum while in lockdown.
That is very interesting! I’m so glad to make your acquaintance. Thanks for introducing yourself. I’d be interested in connecting with you over any of the topics you raised. More of what I do and my contact info can be found at https://hedges.belmont.edu/~shawley. Maybe we can do a Zoom or Skype or some such. I’ll send you an email.

Hi Joe I’m also a fellow Brightonian in the UK! And have been studying the fastai course a few months. I am also part of the local data science community down here in Brighton, which has several data science meet ups. I am just putting out the feelers to see if others might be interested in forming a fast ai study group in Brighton. If that sounds of interest, or finding out about the local data science meet ups in Brighton (there is an active slack channel for data science in Brighton as well) let me know!

I see that only the v4 course is available on Gradient, but the v4 videos aren’t out yet… any suggestions on how to get started? I started typing in the code manually from the v3 video, and that’s working so far, but I’m not sure that’s the best approach. Thanks!

If you mean on v4, you’ll have to wait until the course is public. Gradient was nice enough to set us up for the new course while it was live. For course-v3 you could work out of colab and open up the notebooks from the repository (www.github.com/fastai/course-v3/)

Great, thanks!

Hey everyone,

Forest Kirschbaum, Wisconsin.

My dream is to eliminate poverty which will take about 900 years as detailed in my book, “Eliminating Poverty Through Investment”. https://www.amazon.com/Eliminating-Poverty-Through-Investment-Cherrytree/dp/1949726002 Don’t buy it by the way because I’m working on a better version only made possible by fastai. Free PDF version attached in-case anyone is interested.

Recently, I’ve been enjoying the tabular videos by @jeremy and @muellerzr . Each shows a different view of ai. Almost as different layers like random forest and xgboost.Eliminating Poverty Through Investment.pdf (1.3 MB)

1 Like

I am Jithendra, currently a 3rd year Undergrad from India. I’ve did deeplearning.ai from coursera and just started this course. But I really want to build some practical knowledge of deep learning. I am also reading “Grokking Deep Learning” by Andrew Trask.
Yesterday, I completed lesson-1 and I’m really very eager to dive into the remaining course.

Hello, my name is Benjamin. I like traveling. Since my specialty is programmer, I can work from anywhere in the world. That’s why I’m often on the road.

Hello Ricky. What are you up to right now?

I am Ricky from Nigeria…but based in Addis Ababa and Frankfurt.

1 Like

Hi Ricky. I’m doing great.
I’m from Cameroon. Based in Douala.
How is your learning journey