Introduce yourself here!

Because cnn_learner is the latest version of calling CNN learner, if it works then you are good.

1 Like

I’m Akshay, a software developer at a YC startup based out of Vegas, currently interested in AI research, python developer.

Hey Brian,
It was wonderful to see you have started to do something with Swahili language. I am really inspired. I just wanted to know how far with the translation of the subset of MS-COCO dataset to Swahili.

I am new to fastai and Deep learning. I am interested in NLP and Computer vision projects.

Hello everyone, Vincent here from Kenya. Excited to be part of this community just finished lesson 1, and trained an image classifier on a dataset of plant diseases… Thank you fast ai team for this opportunity.

1 Like

Hi Alex, nice to meet you, and thank you! I built this website: https://cocohub.cc to crowdsource translations of MS-COCO to African languages. Please join in and help contribute!

Hello World! My name is Michael and I’m in Chicago. Currently I’m a Data Analyst. I have been working with SQL for 4 years, Python for 2 and been learning data science for the past year and a half. Not exactly sure if the 2019 Course is “over” or if anyone can jump in at anytime, but glad to be here. If there is anyone in the Chicago area who wants to start up a study group let me know.

Hi Brian,
Okay. Great.

I’m Vineet, currently a backend developer trying to get more involved in Deep Learning to solve some interesting problems!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am Gary from Hong Kong, I have been working as a mobile developer for almost 10 years, I just taught myself backend development and want to become a machine learning engineer, I hope this course will help me to start my journey.

i am Tahir. I am finding it impossible to use the notebooks using the exact commands from gcp tutorial page. such a shame.

Hello everyone. I’m excited to learn and very motivated to make a transition in my career to machine learning. I am hoping to gain as much from the course as possible.

Hi Everyone! I am Jasmeet from Canada - iOS developer who loves Machine Learning. I am interested in applying deep learning in real time surveillance data in order to reduce the crime.

I am also about to start my Masters in AI. So far, I am loving the fast ai course. Would love to contribute to it :grinning: . @jeremy thanks for the course.

1 Like

Hello All

I’m Gopi, an embedded software developer majorly working with C. I am a newbie to AI domain. Landed on fast.ai course from my online research on AI and relevant courses. Really liked the top-down approach and starting my learning curve on AI here with fast.ai.

Looking forward to be active in the discussions here.

1 Like

Kaggle kernels might be another option - free GPU, etc.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Aditya and I’m super excited to do this course. I have a basic understanding of python and working on Jupyter Notebooks already. I am based in New Delhi, India. Would love to form a study group of sorts if anyone is interested. I’m a final year CS student.

Hi all. My name is Jim Cochrane, and I have over 22+ years’ experience in computer science. I have done BI in the past using Business Objects and Cognos. I have done a fair amount of SQL coding as well. My website is DataScienceReview.com. I look forward to learning on this forum and meeting everyone. Best Regards, Jim

Hi everyone,
I’m a newbie and glad to join the forum to learn and share.
I’m concerned about Technology, Open source like Magento and e-commerce solutions.

Hi,
I’m Peter W. Szabo. My background is in UX, in fact, I’m currently leading the UX at 3SS. Used to live in London, UK, but I have recently moved back to Targu Mures, Transylvania, Romania. I have written a book titled User Experience Mapping, published by Packt.
I believe that the future of UX can’t be separated from machine-learning. This is why I’m attracted to ML.
I’m also a big believer in communities, and helping others. This is why I’m the curator or TEDxTirguMures.
Thank you for accepting me, and looking forward to learning from all of you.
Cheers,
Peter

Hi everyone :wave:

My name is Nikola and I’m super excited to go through fast.ai’s MOOC. I’ve done a decent amount of courses on ML (last one was Anderw Ngs Stanford ML course) and I really enjoyed them. I mostly did stuff with regression and classification algorithms such as logistic regression, SVM and linear regression. Most recently I worked on a time series model for a client. All of those things are very exciting but I wanted to get more into deep learning so naturally I went for fast.ais MOOC.

I just accepted (a few weeks ago) an offer from a local startup to go onboard as a security engineer that will focus on ML aspect of security. I’m pretty pumped about that.

P.S

If you are around Columbus (Ohio) area and are doing any of the MOOCs let me know I’m trying to figure out a study group :slight_smile:

Hi guys!

I’m an Italian software engineer. I’m looking to improve my knowledge in programming and starting a new career in something totally new (I’m actually a CAD/CAM developer here in Italy). And would love to relocate elsewhere in the world.

Starting today.
It is a really beautiful sensation: create a new repo, set up my new environment with my markdown files for notes and so on…
Really exiciting!

See you soon here :slight_smile:

1 Like