Introduce yourself here!

I live in Pittsburgh and work as a software developer.

In the 1990s, I wrote a neural net system which learned to play expert-level backgammon through repetitive self play, using a technique called temporal difference learning. (The probabilistic structure of a backgammon game lends itself nicely to reinforcement learning.) Back then, I had to write everything from scratch in C++.

More recently, I took up machine learning again to see what people are doing with modern tools & hardware. I’ve done a couple professional projects involving machine learning and images.

My goal is to deepen my understanding of state of the art, and in particular I want to learn how to use machine learning for natural-language processing projects.

One “out there” project I have in mind is getting machine learning to assist in the translation of 18th century mathematical texts, for example the works of Leonhard Euler. I’ve done a fair amount of Euler translation (from French) into English. But most of his stuff is written in Latin, which I actually do not read.

So my dream project would be to get machine learning to help out. I have no illusions that you’d get a professional quality translation. But I think maybe machine learning could be useful as part of the process.

By the way, Euler writes in incredibly long, involved, yet lucid sentences. At the other end of the scale from, say, weather forecasts. Any system that could deal with Euler and not get totally flummoxed would be quite impressive indeed.

–Todd

1 Like

Hey @arunoda good to see you here mate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m Kadir from Turkey and an Electrical Engineering senior. I’ve spent almost a year in ml/dl and found my interest in life. I finished the last year’s DL1 courses online and they were amazing. Now want to learn new state-of-the-art models with this courses.

Also if there is anyone in the group from Turkey please contact. Maybe we can get better together and share ideas.

Great community , great people…

2 Likes

Oh nice :smiley:

1 Like

Hi All,

I am a researcher and a programmer for deep learning live currently in Paris. I started studying/working in AI since 2010 and deep learning in 2015. Most of my work is in CNN and Keras but would like to learn also LSTM and Pytorch. Would be interested to cooperate in a project.

Thank you,
Faris

1 Like

Hey what’s up everyone! I’m Sam.

I host the This Week in Machine Learning & AI (TWiML) podcast and community. I’ve been hooked on ML and AI since taking Andrew Ng’s Stanford course in 2011.

I’m based in St. Louis, Missouri, travel a lot to conferences, and love talking to folks about ML/AI.

The TWiML community hosts a couple of online meetups a month where we review academic papers on various topics and we host virtual study groups for the Fast.ai course. More info on those here: https://forums.fast.ai/t/twiml-online-study-group-saturdays-9-am-us-pacific-4-5-pm-utc/25699

Cheers,
Sam

5 Likes

hi everyone,
I am Shweta, from Bangalore India.Thanks to Jeremy and Rachel for making cutting edge research available to everyone. I am software engineer by work and DL enthusiast by passion. I have taken Andrew Ng’s deeplearning.ai course and intern at MLBLR community. is there any offline study group for part1 v3 started in bangalore?

hi everyone,
I am Shweta, from Bangalore India.Thanks to Jeremy and Rachel for making cutting edge research available to everyone. I am software engineer by work and DL enthusiast by passion. I have taken Andrew Ng’s deeplearning.ai course and intern at MLBLR community. is there any offline study group for part1 v3 started in bangalore?

Hi there, I’m Nissan, originally from Trinidad and Tobago but now resident in Brisbane, Australia. I’m fairly new to the field of deep learning, I just completed a local class that followed the old MOOC for fast.ai v1 and am keen to reinforce this with the newer content while simultaneously exploring learning options to get some of the other foundational knowledge following the MOOC for part 1 revealed I had a gap in. My hope is to learn enough to be able to blog more and share more of this knowledge back with both my Brisbane data science Meetup peers as well as my peers in my homeland in the Caribbean who may be keen on learning too but not sure how to start. Is anyone else here from the Caribbean or Oz, or presently Caribbean or Brisbane based?

Hi everyone!
My name is Zeina. I live in Istanbul. I currently work as a machine learning engineer. I started following the last version of the course and it was a great experience. It allowed me to have confidence to apply the theory I knew, and create creative solutions from it.

I enjoy working on NLP. In my free time, I have been working on applying some new NLP algorithms to Arabic, my native language.

I’m looking forward to taking this course with you all this time.

4 Likes

Hi Folks, I am a recent masters graduate in Business Analytics from the University of Rochester and an analytics professional with a Software Services company in Dallas, TX. I have had the great opportunity to get to know Jeremy and Fast ai through my friend @abhishekbojja9.

I am looking to build on the skills from my graduate program and learn deep learning techniques from the best instructor. I wish to apply them to a concrete project and transition into a more technical role at a product company.

I look forward to some great content and exciting peers. Cheers!

Hi, i am hari working as an AI engineer. Have attended part1 and part2 and super excited to continue the journey. Regards

Hi everyone. I am Amir, doing my PhD in Sydney and excited to be here!

Hi everyone!

I am Keiji from Seattle. I work on Machine Learning in cloud services.

I have followed along parts of fast.ai V2 and I am very excited for V3.

Some area / projects I want to focus on are structured data, temporal convolutions, and attention. In my spare time, I dabble in ML / computer vision for hobby robots / cars.

Hi, Hafidz :slight_smile:
Evan (Jie) here.

Good to see you here man. Maybe we should setup a study group or something.

Hi everyone, I am working as an backend engineer on text analytics. I am looking forward to learn NLP techniques which I can apply on my job.

Hi, my name is Linggih Saputro. I am from Indonesia. Graduated from Bioinformatics degree, but working at an OCR startup in Indonesia. Looking forward to collaborate with great people here.

1 Like

Yes, we should.

Hi All,
I am really excited for this whole programme and it gives me relief and sense of motivation knowing that so many people are there to help u and guide u in whatever you do.

I am a machine learning engineer and I am working in India.I have implemented machine learning projects but i am novice in deep learning concepts and implementation.i have been working on it nd now want myself to be in next level.