How tackle this course?

what are things you should do step by step after after completing a video lecture?

Watch this:

5 Likes

Hi Anurag
Either watch the video twice more or try and do an experiment similar to the video. It is important to consolidate the information.
Regards Conwyn

3 Likes

Below is an excerpt from fast.ai lesson 0 video that Jeremy shared above.

How to do a fast.ai lesson:

1. Watch the lecture
  2. Run notebook & experiment
  3. Reproduce results
  4. Repeat with different dataset

I also recommend checking out the forum page corresponding to the lesson you are studying. Here is the link to the lesson 1 official topic.

4 Likes

Check this post for learning strategy Learning Strategy for Top Down Approach

1 Like

all great replies, especially what @caglar points out from the first lesson.

I’ve had some good results using quizlet (or any flash-card setup) for revision. Here is one I’m making - fastai library flashcards

I go through the content of the lecture and then try to implement the notebooks from fastbook/clean repo back from scratch

Fastbook Clean Repo

This helps bolster concepts taught in the class and ultimately I try using it on a dataset other than the notebooks like Kaggle Housing Prices or Cassava Leaf Detection (also on Kaggle) or the recent Paddy Classification challenge (Also on Kaggle)…

1 Like

Watch Jeremy lecture about this topic. I wrote my experience on this topic you may find some tips useful. Always add your uniqueness to it.

1 Like

I summarized my process in this blog post and also including the visual lecture notes.