General course chat

@herchu Thanks a ton for the calendar, it makes life much easier,

Thanks @Kornel. I did check the fastai folder and found the version.py file. It has the version mentioned as 1.0.6dev0. But I am not able to see that via the fastai.version command.

If I run getattr(fastai, ‘version’, ‘0.7’) or getattr(fastai, ‘version’, '1.0.6) I get the response as 0.7 or 1.0.6.

Can’t wait to see it!

Thank you Sir. I am looking forward to the course.

Thank you.

thank you!

Thank you so much sir. What will be the India timing?

If you download the calendar provided in the first post, it should display the timings in your local time-zone including the change that occurs in November due to the US moving out of daylight savings.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I got it.

When the course starts streaming will the link for the stream be made available somewhere here?

Thanks @jeremy, looking forward for an exciting sessions.

Thanks Jeremy. It will be 6:30 AM in Pakistan. Can’t wait to join. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jeremy. Can’t wait to join from London even though it will be like 2:30 AM. Anyone from London joining? We can create a group or followup on a meetup to discuss Have a Slack channel?

2 Likes

Thanks, this helps. One question:
Will there be a compilation of the video lectures for future reference?

With regards,
Jeremiah

You should ask in the relevant category; click here: #part1-v3:utc-0-uk-eu-west .

Hey Raghu, we already have a slack channel with a bunch of Londoners (and other folks in the same time zone), see https://forums.fast.ai/t/late-night-study-group-in-london-uk/26001 and join us!

convert_time

Hi from Belgium; I just wanted to make sure I don’t miss the start of the gracious gift by Mr. Jeremy; the fast.ai live course V3. So excited, I can’t wait to be part of this great moment.

2 Likes

Hi @jeremy, I know I read it somewhere and the answer was yes, but I have to ask: after the streams ends, is the video going to remain available?

Yes they will. It is written in the firs message in this thread

Recordings of the lectures will be available immediately after the lesson ends - although we would ask that you really try to join live if at all possible, otherwise you won’t be able to interact during the class.

Thanks a bunch, @leac! I knew I read it somewhere, I just couldn’t find it :slight_smile: