FastAI course v4 MOOC

We should be Patient, :pray:t4: :pray:t4: :pray:t4:

The Fastai Team are doing a great job for everyone (like me, for example) who wants to get into Machine Learning and Deep learning and even further .

Itโ€™s not easy do that material and even make it public and free.

TheFfastbook is amazing, Itโ€™s free for everyone on github.com/fastai/ :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

7 Likes

I startred this in oreilly and faced some issues particularly with PIL version. Guess the requirements.txt was not updated in github to the right version

1 Like

another detail from notebook 2(chapter 2). The book says we should just sign into microsoft and get the azure key . Its not that easy as it sounds

Getting azure key steps(India)

1. Login to Microsoft azure

2. Start Free trial of services

3. Give the required details and Card Information

4. Search for azure cognitive service - Bing search in the serach bar

5. Once deployment is completed, go to deployment details(Click on the resource group name)

6. Go and get the key information from the left side panel

1 Like

youโ€™re using a draft version of a book with an unreleased version of the library. there may be issues you need to work around on your own.

1 Like

I thought the book is already released! I can see it in kindle version in amazon as well. Oreilly also didnt mention this is draft version

Oh, possibly, the paper book is out but I thought you were running notebooks from the draft version in GitHub?

i am using
fastai/fastai-v3
fastai/fastbook

for notebook

and the online book from oreilly

It uses fastai2, thatโ€™s one stem of your issue. Thatโ€™s the old course

anycase
https://colab.research.google.com/github/fastai/fastbook/blob/master/02_production.ipynb
this is the notebook I should be using . Right?

I came here via ,
https://book.fast.ai/. ->
https://course.fast.ai/. ->
to Colab

That is the right notebook, however the course is not live yet so the course.fast.ai still is v3

Apologies if this has already been answered (I did look though), but I was wondering if course v4 covers both part 1 and part 2 of course v3.

I am going to wait for v4, but I wanted to know if I should do v4 then part 2 of v3 or to only do v4.

Thanks!

Only part1. There will be a part 2 also, we donโ€™t have dates though.

1 Like

Thanks! Iโ€™m sure by the time that we finish v4 part 1, v4 part 2 should be right around the corner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, Jeremy goes into most of the common questions on Twitter:

Part-2 of the course is not yet recorded. So, canโ€™t really be sure about that.

This is possibly due to the pandemic.

There are so many notebooks in that repo it looks like itโ€™ll keep you busy until the next pandemic

2 Likes

Of course the fastbook repo contains both part 1 and part 2 anyways :wink: (minus special lectures Jeremy may record too along with it)

Great point. Maybe following the MOOC for part 1 of v4 then following fastbook until part 2 of v4 gets released could be the move.

Donโ€™t forget that Part 2 of course-v3 is still awesome!
You could also look at the code walkthroughs for fastai2 to supplement it.

1 Like

The same here.