About the Part 2 (2019) category

Yes, with pleasure. I see 2 complementary topics to launch:

1. Get feedback from existing study groups on best practices (2017-2018).
  2. Discuss with Part 2 participants (2019) how we could collaborate locally and/or online on projects that use - in particular - Part 2 techniques.

I do this from here to tomorrow.

2 Likes

@pierreguillou in the past some folks have set up shared spreadsheets to organize this, or google forms. Just FYI - no need to do the same thing, but worth checking out how well they worked. Thanks!

1 Like

Super excited about this! Can’t wait to see what’s in store…

2 Likes

Thanks Jeremy. Looking forward to working on cutting edge problems.

Thank you Jeremy! Super excited to start this course!
Quick question: Will there be a tutorial/lesson on using callbacks with the fastai lib?
Was struggling with trying it out with the part 1 lessons :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@pierreguillou Just wanted to point your attention to this thread. We’re doing virtual meetups each week. Currently, revising Part 1 of the MOOC and switching to Part 2 once the lectures start.

2 Likes

Hi Michal, nice to see you! We could restart out study group Polska, what do you think?

That is a great idea for handling it. Thanks. Hope meet some of you guys on the forum during the course!
:+1:

Thank you, for this opportunity. After last year’s part 2, I was looking forward to this for a long time. Building modules from scratch, converting math/intuition into code. It will be a jem of an experience for everyone.

Thank you for the invite. I’m looking forward to the classes.

Yes there will.

9 Likes

@jeremy, I just launched the following topic: “Feedbacks from existing study groups”.

1 Like

Wow, great company! Honored to be included among you. Thanks Jeremy.

Thanks for the Invitation.

Super exciting developments in NLP of late. Can’t wait to see what topics Jeremy covers in this round of Part 2. Hopefully some topics on Semantic side of NLP

3 Likes

Thanks for the invite. Just finishing up part 1 this weekend (only the last lecture left) and have watched both parts from 2018 “back in the day”. Very excited about the overall changes and the quality of the library and seeing part 2 with v1 of the library.

Quick question: will there be a “secret youtube” again? I usually download lectures and rewatch them a couple of times. Do I have to screen capture the live lectures or will they be made available (and if so roughly how long after they “aired”)?

Very excited, I really think you are making sota Deep Learning accessible to the masses which has very exciting implications.

1 Like

Jeremy most of the times uploads nicely edited video on the same day under 12 hours max after the live stream.

5 Likes

Thanks for invitation. I use to contribute on this and others AI forums because I love what I do and I love to share knowledge. Lets continue doing this a very useful community to everyone. :clap:

1 Like

I must thank you for your invitation. I am not sure how active I may be in contributing during live videos as for me they come in the early hours of the morning being 9/8 hours ahead of PDT time. We don’t spring forward here until March 31st.
However I am honoured and look forward to this opportunity greatly.

1 Like

Thank you @init_27. It would be great to get your feedback in this post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done! Thanks for the feedback efforts! :slight_smile:

1 Like