About the Part 1 (2020) category

Thanks a lot for the invitation! I’ll do my best to stay on track and help fellow students :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks jeremy! looking forward for the

Fantastic! I love what you guys are doing, really looking forward to the course.

This is awesome! Thank you for including me, fellow community members and Jeremy!

Given I don’t have a stats/data science background, I am particularly excited about this:

See you all on the livestream!

1 Like

I was just thinking this week that it’s been awhile since I’ve taken an online course, super excited about this!

Thanks for the invitation. Looking forward to attending.

Thanks so much for the invite! I’m thrilled to be here - March 17th can’t come soon enough.

Thanks for the invite. With fastai v2 api getting more stable, this is a great time to refresh Deep Learning skills.

Thanks to the amazing fastai team for this opportunity! :star_struck: I am really looking forward to the course and hope I will manage to get up in the middle of the night as often as possible to watch the videos live! And I am excited to learn more about the topics that will be covered in the new course.

Fantastic! I can’t wait. I’m working my way through the current course so I’ll be fresh. (I did the first one you published a couple years ago). I’ll try to do all the homework with the fastai2 and see how things go. I’ll be absent for one week, but maybe I can keep up with the course while scuba diving in Cozumel :slight_smile:

Sweet stuff, thanks for the invite! I am looking forward to learn all about the new features that have been built into fastai-v2 library and will try to use it right away in a production environment :slight_smile:

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

Thank you Jeremy for generously adding me here. Post the 2018 in-person course, I couldn’t come back and spend time on this. I look forward to resuming my work and adding value in anyway possible (and really really follow your advice this time around :blush:)

1 Like

A quick suggestion: I would love to see more emphasis on inference this year. I like building practical applications that work in real world scenarios where the test data is not available up-front and observations are transformed individually on the fly. After the 2019 course I felt very confident training models but struggled with turning them into real functional prototypes. Very excited for the course!

8 Likes

Thanks for the invitation, Jeremy. I’m looking forward to following the course! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the invitation Jeremy. Over the last 6 months my area has shifted from vision to NLP. Looking forward to what advances in NLP you decide to include. I always find fastai (the course and the community) to be a very good filter for the areas I should concentrate on.

Thanks for the invite, haven’t been around for a long time.
Just a query - Is there a risk for first-timers that the course/community will bias away from completely new / top-down approach (or just seem intimidating)? As much as we all like coming back and will find buckets new to learn … I’m picturing a newbie on the forum now. When I first got here hardly anyone knew any pytorch or fastai, just getting up and running locally or in the cloud seemed like an achievement. There were even things I could help people with. Now you read the introductions and people have been professionally using fastai for a while. I’d likely be quiet as a mouse… like I am on twitter following Jeremy and his peers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! Thank you for the invite! I pre-ordered the book on Amazon which I almost never do, but since you always deliver first rate content I figured it’s a sure thing I’m going to love it.

I couldn’t believe this for a second :)))

Thank you so much Jeremy! This is a great opportunity for me to get back in the game and really excited about the book. If there’s an option to buy an early edition, I would love to get my hands on the book by the time the course starts in a few weeks!

1 Like

Yes very much so - thanks for noting this. The plan is to have ‘advanced’ and ‘beginners’ sub-categories to help with this.

2 Likes