About the Part 1 (2020) category

Thanks Jeremy! Dear hello to everyone :slight_smile:

This is great news for me to be invited to the live stream! I missed out last time, and really thankful for being invited this time.:slight_smile:

I am also trying my best to attend the course in person, have already spoken to work and asked them to work remotely for 7 weeks and waiting for visa. Fingers crossed :blush:

At least I have the live stream to look forward to :slight_smile:

Thanks again for this wonderful opportunity.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the invite, extremely enthusiastically looking forward to the course. Will do my best to help in any way I can. I owe a lot to you and this community, hopefully, I will repay back with my contributions. Thanks!

1 Like

Happy to “see” you here! I wanted to share my final results of that project I was using Mish for as promised, but totally forgot. Here ya are if interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Going through it now.

1 Like

Indeed, I re-listened the last and the first course, the quality improvement is really substantial. The mic is still catching a bit of the room’s acoustic but it’s really fine. Sorry about the unfair critic.

First of all thanks a lot for the invitation. I am really looking forward to this edition.
I have a question. My work colleague Víctor Peinado did not get an invite. Is there any way he can apply for the online course? We would like to open a study group at reply.ai.
Thanks

Thank you for the invitation! It will be a great opportunity for catching up with the latest fastai2 lib.

This is fantastic, thank you very much! I’m starting with fastaiv2 and looking forward to the lessons!

1 Like

This is amazing! Waiting for March :hugs:

You are welcome to set up a lesson-watching group at your workplace where you and your colleagues watch together. If the group has questions or comments, you can post them.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you.

Thanks very much the invite! I felt like 90% of the course went over my head the first time, and going through it again with new projects will be helpful. As a math teacher, I also know that answering other people’s questions is possibly the #1 way to learn material yourself, so this is a golden opportunity. :smiley:

3 Likes

Great! Would love to do the classes again and contribute. Thanks

Thanks for the invite. I’m in.

As soon as you (if you) start feeling like that during the live course, please do let us know, so we can try to clarify, or at least point you to further resources.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will!

Like @rsomani95, I opted to build a desktop computer I could access remotely instead of buying a laptop. In addition to SSH access, I use the open-source Apache Guacamole (https://guacamole.apache.org) to provide a full desktop experience remotely. Guacamole is client-less, so you don’t need anything more than a web browser on whatever device you’re using to access your remote desktop. If you can use Ubuntu Linux, you can just run the set of scripts found here (https://github.com/bmullan/ciab-remote-desktop) to deploy your remote desktop without the need to figure out how to make all the pieces work together correctly. It works well - no fuss, no muss.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Jeremy! Great to be with all of you guys!

Wow, thank you for the invitation.
I’ve been submersed by work and personal life in the last year, but I’m really glad I’ve been included for the next chapter.
I’ll find 100% the time to follow this and maybe start contributing again: I feel like I’m lost in between all of the novel things that happened in the last year (congratulations, by the way!)

Thank you!

Thank you for invitation, Jeremy! :slight_smile: