2022 Study Group Anyone?

Will also :grinning:

@bbrown @willsa14 guys

I am just trying with the link from last week

Here, try this @Mukeshraj

I will be on 5 min

1 Like

Hi @willsa14 and @Mukeshraj I am so sorry I havenā€™t gotten my act together. I had a plumming issue at my house upstate and just walked into the door. This started on Sunday and in my mindā€™s eye I thought I would have time to update you.

2 Likes

Hi folksā€¦ out on the beach this and next week on vacation with the family. @willsa14 and @Mukeshraj feel free to meet without. To keep the momentum I encourage you to post two articles you think we all should read.

This way we can keep up the momentum and have something to talk about at our next.

Iā€™ll post the next group meet when Iā€™m back from vacation!

~Bryon

1 Like

Hereā€™s a quick read ā€“ another notebook from Jeremy Howard, this time comparing performance on fine-tuning for image classification:
The best vision models for fine-tuning | Kaggle

This comparison is useful for me as Iā€™m working on an image problem to quickly know which model families might be worth trying (and which are likely worth learning more about). Maybe it will be interesting to you too.

Edit ā€“ we promised two readings each, so hereā€™s my second ā€“ a blog post on score-based models:

I donā€™t know if this will be relevant for everyone. Iā€™ve been interested in generative models for a while, and this post was recommended to me as a good resource on score-based models!

I also donā€™t see any interesting tabular data competitions on Kaggle right now. (Thereā€™s a few older training competitions we can always join, though.)

This one on a different competition platform looks interesting to me, though:
Competition: Pump it Up: Data Mining the Water Table (drivendata.org)

I donā€™t know anything about Driven Data, for example, donā€™t know if thereā€™s discussion among participants.

1 Like

Planning to meet a little later than usual today. (Donā€™t get used to it @Mukeshraj :slight_smile: )

Meeting time is 11 pm EST / 9 pm CST / 7:30 am IST.

Here is the link:

1 Like

Hi there everyone

So I realize this post was originally made at the beginning of the year but if there is anyone out there who is still interested in starting a study group, I would love to link up. Embarking on the ML journey alone is not as fun and I am sure we can all learn more efficiently with some teamwork and accountability.

If there are any takers, you can reach me right here on the forum.

Happy Learning!

~JT

1 Like

Welcome to the community :slight_smile: Iā€™m planning to join the next meetup for the study group that @bbrown has started. If i gather correctly itā€™s every Wednesday evening EST and morning IST? is that right @willsa14 @Mukeshraj ?

Thanks! Glad to be here. I would love to join you all if you would have me. Just tell me what I need to do; Iā€™m new at this.

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m back recharged ready to continue the journey of ML after a much-needed vacation.

Looking forward see you all tonight. Below is the study group link.

FastAI 2022 Study Group
Tuesday, June 21 Ā· 8:00 ā€“ 9:00pm EST.
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/bwi-xbxn-zbg

oops. Saw this post just now (JIT, maybe?). Can join in 10 minutes. See you all.

oh no, saw this too late! i thought you all do it Wednesday evening EST! for the next week, do u mind posting it a couple of days in advance. Im in Bangladesh, which is 11 hours ahead of EST. Many thanks :pray:

Yes I second this! I saw it late too unfortunately. My apologies.

Hi
I am also looking for study group .I started course recently and currently going through lecture 4 video in part 1.

hello, when can we join the study group classes , and how to backtrack whats already taught, if any video recordings of session available please share the links.
Thanks, looking forward to meeting you all in next session.

hey @Mukeshraj can we create a whatsapp group of all Indian Bangladesh and other neighboring countries with similar timezones so we can connect there and be here on time, you can ping me if you are interested in doing so , also telegram group is also preferable.