2022 Study Group Anyone?

Hello,

I am in the US on EST. and was hoping to find some other learners willing to start a study group with me for once a week study group.

I am currently trying to build own model after lesson two and having some challenges. I think we could commit to a 60 min. Google Chat and start from there.

Would like to make the first session this Sunday 1/9/2022 8pm EST.

Any takers???

Happy New Year!
~Bryon

6 Likes

hello,
I would be interested in starting a study group. I am doing fastai along with a Udacity ai course. I just started this week.

2 Likes

I’m interested!

Hey @willsa14, it would be great to start a study group. I started learning last year by signing up for a bootcamp. I did a few projects in JavaScript but see a lot of opportunities requesting python. What would be the best way to connect to plan the study group?

@LLisa and @willsa14 Great!!! I will follow up with a message to schedule a zoom or google study group meet and we start a chat off the forum on how to organize the student group time.

Looking forward to it!!!
~Bryon

2 Likes

Hi, I’d be interested as well!

Hey guys,

I am interested as well!

Kaushik

I am interested as well!

Thanks,
Pranav

I am also interested in joining this group. I have covered some basics in CNNs using Tensorflow 2, and am learning Pytorch now. Lets connect.

Hey, I am interested too.

Hey guys, I’m interested too

Hey! I’d also be interested in a study group

Hi Everyone,

We have started the study group FYI. for 1/18/2022

Great Study Group with @LLisa, @willsa14, and @shagung

Here are the notes from our study group which I will also share with you via Google Docs in a private message (please add if I miss anything).

Next study group will be on 1/25/2022 8:00pm EST. I will send out an invite as well. Great meeting you all and look forward to coding alongside some very talented individuals!!!

If anyone wants to join for the next session let me know and I will add you to the invite.

1/18/2022 Study Notes

Links Shared

1. Answers to the Questionnaire in chapter - Fastbook Chapter 1 questionnaire solutions (wiki)
  2. Lesson “0”: Practical Deep Learning for Coders (fast.ai) - Lesson "0": Practical Deep Learning for Coders (fast.ai) - YouTube
  3. Video link with top level bullet points - Fast AI Video Viewer
  4. Website with notes from a former study group - https://walkwithfastai.com/
  5. The Drivetrain Approach: A four-step process for building data products - Designing great data products – O’Reilly
  6. A deployment help thread that was useful for me - https://forums.fast.ai/t/deploying-your-notebook-as-an-app-under-10-minutes/

Homework for next week

• Build a image classification NN and showcase your work at the next study group

I

3 Likes

Hi I’d like to join. What platform are you using to host your meeting
Thanks,
Jonathan

Could you please add me to the group as well? Thank you!

Hey Everyone :D!
I am Arhan, I live in India (GMT +5:30). I am currently on the production and deployment bit. I’d love to be a part of this group, hopefully we can find a syncing time for meetings.
Looking forward to meeting everyone,
Arhan

I just realized that I missed out this week – I got my timezones mixed up and tried dialing in at 8 pm Central. (Not sure how I missed that one!)

Sorry to miss you all today! I’ll be looking out for the notes so I know what to get ready for next week.

Woops, actually same as @ Will, I seem to have goofed up my timezones. Can the next meeting please be… Around 10 PM EST or something?

Hello to everyone,

I missed also the last two weeks like @willsa14 and @Arhan so I will catch up and I hope I can join your group guys.
I will go through the part 1 and your notes.

Talk to you soon,

P.s do you guys want to create a group in discord or slack where I usually have my online university class support?