2022 Study Group Anyone?

Hey, Mukesh. I’m also from India, and yeah it is the correct time conversion for the meeting.

Thanks…

Seems like a really active thread going on! I’m actually conducting a class for high school ML students, if you guys want any interesting study material, do let me know! Most active on twitter @danielchingwq

1 Like

Living in Singapore, so GMT +8.00/ EST + 12.00

hey , looking up to the next study group session

Would it be fine to join in the next study group session even if I’ve just started the course? :smiley: Excited either way!

any updates on study groups? would like to join and participate. Thanks.

interested in joining and participating. would like to help in getting this started. thanks

Hey! I did the second chapter a long time back (2020) and I just restarted the course. I’d like to join the study group too! Can we still join?

@CarlosD @abdxzee @sameerjvn. We took this Tuesday off from our study group but will start up again next Tuesday April 26th 8pm EST.

I will send out the google meets link in the next day or two.

Happy to have you join!
~Bryon

Looks like there may be some newcomers to our next study group so I wanted to give an updated quick orientation into the cadence of the study group. At this point, we are working through concepts documented in codebooks 5 and 6. But don’t get intimated as we love to get refreshers on earlier concepts covered as that helps us build our intuition about best practices.

However, be prepared to engage in the call. We usually have our cameras on and screen share on particular components we covered during the prior week. So I ask that you come to the session prepared with a particular question or a Eureka moment you have after working with a particular problem. We have been a small group so everyone has had an opportunity to share.
No question is a squestionstions!!!

FastAI 2022 Study Group Session
Tuesday, April 26 · 8:00pm – 9:00pm EST.
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/xkt-hhob-trr

It’s so gald to find out a nice online studying team in 2022!
May I join you? :star_struck:

Feel free to join we meet every Tuesday 8pm EST.
~Bryon

We had some newcomers to the last study group! Hopefully, you all decide to come back and stick with us on this journey.

So the agenda at this point is to acknowledge everyone is at different places and that is more than OK. Whether you just started and trying to figure out how best to set up your coding environment or you have several Kaggle Machine Learning competitions under your belt. I am finding that everyone at every stage gets something out of the group (provided that they come to engage with questions or answers).

The rhythm that we have gotten into is viewing a particular piece of code and being able to:

1. Understand how every component of the code works (review documentation and gain a deeper understanding of what is happening under the hood).

2. What is the rationale for using the code… Understanding where it falls in the sequence of a larger task and why it is needed.

As always come with your questions, and Eureka moments! See you on Tuesday!

FastAI 2022 Study Group EST.
Tuesday, May 3 · 8:00 – 9:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/vvf-fknu-ycr

2 Likes

thanks!
see u!

Can I join your study group? I’m a total beginner to deep learning and have no clue what I’m doing, but just want to learn something. :smiley: Currently, trying to set up the environment on Google Cloud.

Hi, bryon- meet-up link?

@Mukeshraj sorry late for putting this up

2022 FastAI Study Group
Tuesday, May 10 · 8:00 – 9:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/sir-vzow-ueh

Hi Everyone,

So the Study Group is moving into a new phase where @Mukeshraj has convinced us to begin using what we have learned in “real world” scenarios via Kaggle. Join us if you want to be a part of applying what we have learned so for in a tabular data ML development senario.

2022 FastAI Study Group
Tuesday, May 10 · 8:00 – 9:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/sir-vzow-ueh

1 Like

Hi @bbrown and @willsa14
Because of the time zone I received the message in the midnight, I didn’t see that meetup link, sorry for that, shall we meet up today or tommorow waiting for your reply guys.