Will the course be updated for fastai v2?

Will the course be updated for fastai v2? I’m taking the course and it feels a tad outdated when I try to apply what I’ve learned to Kaggle because the api has changed a lot since the time of this course.

Jeremy goes over RF in the new course to be released later this summer. The tabular portion is partial the Intro ML and partial the fastai course we’d expect

Is there a new course coming up ?

Yes. The new part 1 just finished a few weeks ago, so it should go live for the public when they release their new book.

Nice !

Thanks for the update. This was on my mind as well. I’m a few of videos in and I think it’s probably a good idea for me to continue but concentrate on bigger picture and the specifics for my projects and wait until the updated course to go through it again and to go in further depth on topics.

Is there a new Intro to ML course coming up or are you referring to Deep Learning P1?

I’m referring to the new part 1. It covers Random Forests now as well

That sounds great, really looking forward to new version of “Introduction to Machine Learning for Coders”. Does anyone know if part 2 of the same course will be ever released? In Part 1 they said Part 2 would contain lessons on gradient boosting - that would be very interesting!

I should probably clarify some more:

The tabular section of the new practical deep learning for coders will cover some of the stuff that was in intro ML, were not necessarily getting a new intro ML course entirely. (See the tabular chapter in fastbook for what I mean)

Hi, is it known when the exact release date of the new course is? And what is the new book about?

Sometime in August. The new book is the new course. For RF related parts, see the tabular chapter in fastbook.

1 Like

Thank you so much for answering! Didn’t know about the fastbook; it’s not working properly yet, but very nice overview of different topics

It should be, as that’s what the course was made from (see the course-v4 repo, you’ll see it’s about half of the chapters)

1 Like