Why learn.tta(dl=test_dl) could give Error: 'NoneType' object is not callable?

I’m trying to use learn.tta(dl=test_dl) and getting this error: ‘NoneType’ object is not callable. This happens in this piece of fast.ai code:
aug_preds.append(self.get_preds(dl=dl, inner=True)[0][None])

But using just learn.get_preds(dl=test_dl) works well. Any ideas why this could happen?

Need more info. Post the context code and error with full strack trace.

You can find code here (Kaggle Notebook)

I was not abole to run your code because of missing path input/temp-inference-model-resnet18.

In general you should post a full stack trace along with your issue report. Just before the tta can you do: print(len(test_dl)) and tell us what this returns.

I’ve updated the link above and as you can see it traces ‘1’ for every of 3 folds. I suppose it is because of 1 test image.

I’ve updated a bit the code and added comments for better understanding the problem.
https://www.kaggle.com/volcanoflash/inference-test-tta

I was able to run this code properly on local Paperspace machine, so the problem is somehow connected to Kaggle itself or it’s environment. Getting mad with this bug…

It could be because of the version of fastai package. did you check the installed versions in both platforms?

run this in the notebook and compare:

!pip list | grep fast

also what do you mean by ‘local Paperspace machine’? isn’t Paperspace cloud notebook server? :thinking: