Recently, I’ve experienced how difficult it can be to go from a working notebook to a real AI product: technical aspects, monetization, availability, documentation, etc., and I was wondering if people here would be interested in a service handling this process entirely for them. That way, they can focus on the research part, while the service maximizes the impact of their work and helps them monetizes it. In a sense, it would be similar to the service a publisher provides to a writer (transform a manuscript into a book, and handle all the non-writing stuff).
Just to be clear, I’m not talking here about getting to a demo (which is greatly explained by the course), but rather about making something that would have regular users, and even paying customers. This typically involves problems like:
- How do you create a documented web API?
- How do you make sure the API stays available 24/7 and scales up nicely?
- How do you handle heavy inputs (typically smartphone’s pictures) with reasonable bills on the cloud?
- How do you charge people when they use your API (subscription or at API call)?
- How do you build analytics to know more about your customers and how they use your API?
- How do you market the product?
- How do you improve your model over time based on the real-life inputs it gets?
I think I’ve now setup enough infra and learnt enough on this topic to be able to start providing this “publishing” service to other fastai users and help them transform their projects into products.
If you are interested, please answer this post or (better) fill up this form. I’d also be glad to have your thoughts on this topic (did you encounter similar issues? How did you deal with them? Does such service look useful to you? etc…)