Welcoming @muellerzr & @init_27 moderators

Many of you are already very familiar with the fantastic work of Zachary Mueller (@muellerzr) for our community. We’ve decided to bring him on as an official moderator, as a recognition of his work.

Thank you, and congratulations! :slight_smile:

Edit: and also @init_27 now!

46 Likes

Awesome, yes @muellerzr is really active. thank you for all the help today during the study group. Congratulations!! :brain: :footprints: :cat: :dog: :confetti_ball: :tada:

2 Likes

Zach @muellerzr is awesome!

1 Like

Congratulations @muellerzr!

1 Like

Congratulations. @muellerzr you deserve it.

1 Like

Congrats @muellerzr !
More than well deserved =)

1 Like

ditto @muellerzr congrats.

1 Like

@muellerzr :clap::heart:

2 Likes

Congrats and very much deserved, Professor Zach :slight_smile:

Please don’t use this as an excuse to not sleep :wink:

5 Likes

i listened to the interview. i was shocked to hear that zach finds the time to sleep.

2 Likes

probably it is a different interpretation of sleeping, it is like the “sleeping mode” of a PC, he is always active. He is awesome, he never shuts down. :tada: :muscle:

3 Likes

Congrats @muellerzr :beers:

1 Like

Promise I do :wink: , I blame the CS major and later classes (this semester my first class wasn’t until 1pm before the epidemic). Instead think of it as a shifting of sleep schedules

2 Likes

Yay, @muellerzr!

(maybe he “microsleeps” 10-15 minutes each hour to stay up for 24 hours)

2 Likes

On an off note… is there any evidence for this or papers? Asking for a friend :eyes:

2 Likes

It’s “controversial”, but it’s called polyphasic sleep.

Here’s a short summary about it and, of course, there’s a Reddit.

1 Like

Well deserved, I found “Walk with fastai2” very helpful

2 Likes

There is a nice book that I strongly recommend “why we sleep” by Mathew Walker. Buckminster Fuller used to sleep in that way. See for how long are you capable of it. I strongly recommend to do if you are in a controlled environment. Eat healthy as well.

1 Like

This is great news! He’s always willing to help! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I’ve just added @init_27 as another moderator! :slight_smile: Thanks @init_27 for all your awesome work.

14 Likes