Virtual Study Group (EST/UTC-5)

All the study groups seem to be in person, and for me (Louisville, Kentucky) that’s not an option as I think I’m the only one haha. Would anyone like to get a group chat on whatever platform to discuss course material and projects we’re working on?

1 Like

Under the auspices of Sam Charrington’s This Week In Machine Learning Project, we are running a study group for “Practical Deep Learning for Coders”. You and (any other interested folks) are welcome to join!

We meet online via Zoom on Saturday mornings from 9 to 10:30 AM, Pacific Time. This Saturday we will be reviewing Lesson 3.

Join at https://twimlai.com/twiml-x-fast-ai/

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for the invite and for taking the initiative to get it going. I’ll sign up and see you Saturday.

2 Likes

Hey just wanted to say the meetup Joseph posted above is a very active study group with a review of the course material followed by 1-2 presenters talking about a more in-depth topic like a recent paper or a section of the fast.ai documentation. I was looking for more of a chat-based study group but they have that as well on slack, so if you find this thread and are looking for a study group, come join!

1 Like

@MadeUpMasters @jcatanza is this still happening? I’m looking for a study group east coast time.

Thanks!

Yes. Here is an announcement of our new remote study groups. We are on UTC-8 time, but our meetings are on Saturdays 9:00 - 11:00 AM so they are accessible to folks on the East Coast. All are welcome! Hope to see you there.