Virtual Study Group (Delft / The Netherlands / Europe time zone)

I’m looking to start with the fastai course in the near future and I’d love to connect with some others studying based in or around Delft or in South Holland, or, indeed, someone in a European time zone…

Anyone interested in coming together as a group for some study sessions?

1 Like

Used to live in NL pre-pandemic, still EU now and same time-zone. Could join in on a Discord server or something like it. Cheers

1 Like

Ok nice. Yeah it’d be online-only anyway, so that’d work. How far are you in the book/course, or have you yet to start?

A little bit about my background: I’ve been doing software engineering (mainly web engineering) for the last couple of years, but have less (recent) Python experience and also don’t have a technical background. Previously I was a researcher (history / South Asia / PhD etc) in my old career.

We’ll be hosting our first session to discuss chapter 1 next week: Chapter 1: Q&A / Discussion | Meetup

1 Like

These are the signup details for the next meetup, discussing chapters 2 and 3:

1 Like

The third meetup is available for signups here: Chapter 2 demos & chapter 3 discussion / Q & A | Meetup.

As agreed just now on the call, everyone should try to have some kind of a model trained with your own data (ideally deployed via MyBinder).

Great spirit in the study group ! Was a pleasure to meet you guys !
I’ll probably document my progress on here or on a accompanying website run on fastpages.
http://fabacademy.org/2021/labs/ulb/students/jason-pettiaux/fastai/

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your blog. Here’s my writeup of how I trained my model: Training a classifier to detect redacted documents with fastai | mlops.systems I did experiment a bit with different transforms as you suggested, but not improving things by that much unfortunately.

I’ll work on mine and we’ll check it out next week together !

Looking forward to it !

1 Like

Great event today!

1 Like