I know that the general pattern that you follow is some things are given high level and then delved deeper later. So if any of the questions are covered in later lesson don’t bother spending time answering just say skip till end of lesson X. I understand that getting answers for some of the questions would be possible to do via google searches but I don’t want to do that in case there is a more practical explanation coming up in the course. In case not please just tell me to google it.
- Why is breaking matrices into smaller matrices an important thing? I did not understand the explanation that was given in the video.
- What is Markov chains?
- It was mentioned that matrix multiplication is important because we can do things by hand and we can also do them at large scale. Isn’t that true for every operation? What makes matrices so special?
- What is eigen values?
- What is scanlines?
- By the end of lesson 1 what should have I learnt/understood/got intuition on? Asking this because of the way the course is taught sometimes it is hard to know if you really got to what the instructor wanted me to understand. So I think explicitly mentioning them would be helpful
- When video is playing and you start speaking it is best if you pause the video. I wasn’t able to understand what you were saying at those times. I know you cannot change these videos but jut for future reference that would help a lot for the online video format.
- When speaking don’t look towards the board because the mic is not there. It becomes hard to understand. I was able to go through it because youtube has subtitles. Or can get a portable mic which could make things easier for you while not worrying about online videos while taking your lectures maybe.
- Thanks for making these videos freely available. @rachel you and @jeremy are doing great stuff. Looking forward to complete this and then restart deep learning part 1. My expectation from this course with which I am starting this today is that I be able to better read and understand the suggested reading material for Part 1. Not comfortable enough to be able to explain the stuff. Hopefully after this I am able to get there.