Taiwan Meetup

Hello Everyone!

I’ve had another awesome achievement thanks to Fast AI!
I got selected for Asia University’s Summer Exchange Scholarship for AI. I’ll be attending the AI Programme for 2 weeks in the Month of July.

It’d be great to meet other DL Enthusiasts over there.

Sanyam.

7 Likes

Congratulations and all the very best Sanyam.

Congrats Sanyam!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you! @binga, @radek :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Sanyam. Greetings from Taipei, Taiwan!

Not sure if I can squeeze some time for a meetup because my wife and I have 4 kids ages from 0 to 7 to look after. :sweat_smile:

But still I am very happy to know your visit to Taiwan. Welcome and please enjoy.

2 Likes

Hi Sanyan,

If I am not mistaken, Asia University is located in the city of Taichung. I live close to Taipei(about 2 1/2 hrs drive, depending on transit). When does the program starts and ends. Let see if we can meet.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm hello @harryh @chho6822.
The program is from 3rd July-13th July.

AU is in Tauchung city, but I’ll be landing at the Taipei Airport.
I’ll ping you one week before I reach, I’ll try to travel to Taipei on weekends if possible :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Sanyam.

1 Like

Great! I send you my contact via mail.

Cheers!

A hello to the DL world in Taiwan.

I’m in Taichung city until the 14th July.
Would love to meet with any FastAI enthusiasts here.

My Taiwan Number: +886-989-424-306
WhatsApp Number: +91-8754563846

Also, if anyone knows where can I find a good deal on GPUs, that’d be very helpful :smiley:

Best Regards,
Sanyam Bhutani.

I was honoured to meet @chho6822
A very kind person and Amazing Fast AI fellow in Taipei (Taiwan)

Taiwan’s two Fast AI fellows in a picture:

Also to add another small trophy to the Fast AI Hall of Fame,

I was awarded for My Final Project Presentation: “Lyric Generation using DL” (FastAI Lesson 4-Language Modelling Idea)

Link to Slides

Sanyam.

Glad that you and classmates were well accommodated! And also that the mild typhoon that crossed TW during your stay was only a minor scare.

Hope you consider the offer for full-time CS scholarship. Two years will be sufficient for you to learn well mandarin, help us to promote DL, and give it a try at Sun Moon Lake Swimming Carnival!!

Cheers!