Study Group in Brisbane

Hi,

Does anyone want to form a study group in Brisbane? I intend to watch the lectures live, but I am flexible with meeting up during the week to discuss the course material and goof around with code if anyone would be interested :slight_smile:

Best regards
Sebastian

8 Likes

Hey Sebastian,

I would be keen. Monday, Wednesday Or Thursday evenings would probably work best for me.

Do you know a place where we could have the study group ? If not i might know a spot.

Cheers,
Shaun

1 Like

Hey @shaun_spin,

Sounds great. I can do either of those. I was thinking one of the libraries depending on the time slot, but I am open to suggestions :slight_smile:

Cheers
Sebastian

@s.topalian

Cool lets Thursday, (that’ll give us the Wednesday to digest the Tuesday lesson ) maybe 6pm ?
I’ve got zero experience with library’s in Brisbane, so if you can organise it and let me know i can meet you there. Alternatively , I work at River City Labs and we have meeting rooms there we can use.

Let me know.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I’d be keen to join in as well if that’s okay. I believe UQ does have open library spaces for the public which I believe should be open till 10 pm.

Cheers,
Rijul

2 Likes

Great Post, would love to join you guys!
And yes, most UQ libraries do not close until 10pm, with some major ones open 24hr.
Hope to meet you guys in person soon~

Also keen on joining on a (this) Thursday. 6pm works for me as well. Are we set for UQ Library then (that’s St.Lucia right?)

I’ve booked a room out at River City Labs for 6-8pm on this Thursday.

If it’s easier to meet at UQ and someone can organise a room and give some instructions on getting to the library (i’ve never been to uq) then i’m easy.

3 Likes

I can’t make the first one. But hope to join later ones.

2 Likes

Thanks Shaun, RCL sounds good - will be working from the AI Hub then on Thursday!

1 Like

Hey Shaun/all, shall we meet at the double elevator at 6pm?

1 Like

Yea will meet you down there :+1:

Hi everyone,

Is the plan to meet at 6pm tomorrow at the same location as last week (River City Labs)?

Rijul

2 Likes

Yea think so. Bottom double elevators at 6pm.

2 Likes

@shaun_spin I am under the weather so I won’t make it tomorrow. Looking forward to next week hopefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh my just found this discussion. Keen to join! meet you all tomorrow!

what day/time/location for the next study Brisbane group meeting?

oh yeah i misread, i thought it’s going to be tomorrow :sweat_smile: . if nothing changes it should be Thursday, 6pm, at River City Labs? @shaun_spin can you confirm?

Yes, we’ve been meeting at 6pm on Thursdays at River City Labs and that was the plan for this week as well.

3 Likes

@rraihansaputra , @AllenK . Meet you down stairs at 6pm.
Outside the double elevators.
If you are on Brunswick street take the corridor Between Retros and Hey Chica. Walk straight and the elevators will be on you left.