Yesterday i started my Deep Learning journey through the fast.ai course after many times of starting and stoping, but this time the plan is to stick to it and have the tenacity to continue to learn slowly and steadily until i have the confidence to enter kaggle competition and understand the basics and first principles related to the field of deep learning. so i’m gonna put my plan publicly for 2 reason:
1- It will keep me motivated during the harsh times
2- Hopefully someone will benefit of this plan
So My Plan is as the following:
- Biweekly (i.e each 2 weeks) i will watch one lesson
- I will write one or multiple blog posts about the topic(s)/code discussed in that lesson
- Do further research on what was mentioned in the lesson
- Read the papers related to the topic discussed (i.e papers of the models/topics mentioned during the lecture)
- Read the proper chapter of that lesson in the fast.ai book
- Write the code multiple times, until i can write it from scratch without looking at the reference notebook, and being able to apply it to other datasets and be comfortable tweaking it
- Develop my own toy project(s) around the topic/models discussed during that lesson
- Share what i learned with the fast.ai community
- Each week i will revise the & quickly go over the material discussed in previous weeks in order to keep the topics in my mind and not to forget them, also will help maybe in linking the topics together.
- Try to participate in kaggle competition
- That’s the to do list that i need to check at the end of every lesson for the first part of the fast.ai course before moving into the next lesson.
- I’m sure that the deeper i go into the course the longer this todo list will take to finish maybe more than 2 or even 3 weeks, if i give 3 to 5 hours a day for the next 3 month, that’s okay at the end it’s a journey that i wanna enjoy and learn as much as i can during it. Also, that’s the outcome i wanna achieve out of taking this course, so that’s why this list has those goals.
Basically, this is my to do list (i.e study plan) for every lesson i take in the first part of the fast.ai course.
If you wanna join i will be more than happy to have companies to share progress and lessons learned and keep each other motivated and learn from each other. Or if you have suggestions please reply i’m more than happy to hear from other members!
I hope you find this helpful